49: Night Changes

Saph

"I'm nervous."

"Don't be! This is the moment you've been waiting for!"

"But what if she regrets it?"

"She's not, so take a deep breath and get ready to walk down the isle to meet the love of your life!" I shook Kristy by the shoulders, trying to talk some sense into her.

"Okay? So just take a deep breath." I instructed, to which she complied immediately. There was a knock on the door, making Kristy jump. I've never seen her act so skittish and nervous, but I guess it was understandable since she was moments away from getting married.

"Come in!" I shouted, checking over Kristy's hair. The door creaked opened just barely to reveal Niall.

"Hey, you guys ready?" He smiled, coming over to us. He looked ravishing in his blue plaid suit, but that was to be expected at this point.

"Niall, be honest. Do I look okay?" Kristy nervously questioned, doing a twirl around to give Niall an all around look of her wedding dress.

"Kris, you look incredible." He smiled fondly at her, offering her a hug.

"Really? You don't think it's too simple?" She questioned, referring to the lack of details on her white A-line long satin dress. Claudia and Kristy only decided to get married about a month ago, so there wasn't really much time to prepare. With a very restricted amount of guests, the ceremony was just as simple.

"No, it's absolutely perfect. Claudia's gonna be speechless." He reassured her, placing his hands on her shoulder once they broke the embrace.

"Thank you! I've been telling her that for the past hour." I rolled my eyes, making him chuckle.

"You look amazing too gem. Love that colour on you." He complimented, eyeing me up and down and examining my dusty rose pantsuit.

"Really?" I smiled, my cheeks starting to heat up which was completely dumb. We've been together for seven years, engaged for one and he's complimented me more times that anyone could count. But I still felt myself ready to blush.

"Yeah, do a turn for me." He slightly smirked and I knew exactly why he was asking me that. He wanted to see how my ass looked in these slacks, which I was proud to say it looked very good. I chuckled and did a slow turn, making sure to give him enough time to check me out. With a low whistle, he cocked an eyebrow.

"Guys, this is not the time for that." Kristy groaned, looking at us through the mirror.

"Sorry, can't help it." Niall shrugged with a small giggle. I smiled, adjusting the floor length veil on Kristy's head so that it fell over her shoulders.

"But we should get going, Claudia's ready." He quickly informed, making Kristy widen her eyes.

"Oh God. This is it, isn't it?" She turned around to face me, slight panic in her eyes.

"Yes, now let's go." I strictly spoke, giving her no room for further complaints. Just a few minutes later, we were in the corridor outside the ceremony room. Claudia was already at the Altar, her dad walking her to it after her maid of honour and her one bridesmaid.

It was time for me and Amber, a friend we've made here in London, to walk down the long path, being as we were Kris' bridesmaids. Amber walked through the door first and I glanced back at Kristy one last time to give her a reassuring smile before following Amber to take my place. She was breathing heavily, her arm around Niall's as she held a firm grip on his bicep.