26: Cameron

Saph

"Can I borrow one of your hoodies?" I asked Niall as I got ready to leave.

"It's kinda chilly outside." I explained, trying to come up with a reason as to why I wanted one of his hoodies. The truth is I just wanted to have something of his to sleep in when he wasn't there, but he didn't need to know that.

"Mhm, chilly, gotcha." He teased, making his way to his dresser and opening a drawer full of his shirts and hoodies.

"Oh, I'm sorry, is your middle name Sassy?" I mocked as he handed me a navy blue hoodie with the Adidas logo on the front. It almost matched my hair colour perfectly, which I found kind of funny.

"No, it's James." He answered, making me look at him surprised. I didn't think he actually had a middle name, but I was happy I got to find out something new about him. I pondered over it for a second and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Niall James Horan. I like it." I chuckled and pecked his cheek before I let go and put the hoodie on.

"What about you? Do you have a middle name?" He asked, making me dread ever starting this conversation. I scoffed and walked back to sit on the bed, grabbing my shoes to put them on.

"If I tell you, promise me you won't laugh." I warned, looking up at him as he leaned on his dresser and crossed his arms over his chest. He nodded in agreement, waiting to hear it.

"Amethyst." I revealed, sighing in defeat. His eyes went wide before he burst out laughing, crouching in half and holding onto his stomach as his face went red.

"Seriously? Sapphire Amethyst Hall? That's your full name?" He teased as his laughter died down and he sat next to me. I smacked his shoulder, embarrassed by having to reveal it to him and he let out a yelp.

"You said you wouldn't laugh!" I complained as he rubbed the spot I hit and I crossed my arms.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. Why did your parents choose to name you after two gemstones?" He asked, draping an arm around my shoulders in an attempt to console me.

"No clue." I shrugged and pushed his hand off, pretending to be mad at him as I got my toothbrush and my facewash from the bathroom. I tried ignoring him completely while I put the last of my stuff into my bag as he looked at me confused. When he caught on he chuckled to himself and came over to me.

"Is my baby mad?" He teased, hugging me from behind and placing his chin on my shoulder.

"Yes." I monotonously answered, trying to keep a serious face.

"What can I do to change that?" He whispered, pushing my hair away from my neck and behind my back before pressing his lips against my neck.

"I thought you had homework." I mocked as I realised what he was trying to do, seeing that it was already four in the afternoon and he was supposed to drive me back home.

"Since when do you care about that?" He snickered, turning me around so I was facing him.

"I don't, but my choices shouldn't affect you." I answered, pecking his lips and getting out of his grip.

"Let's go, blondie." I teased, making my way out of his room while he trailed behind me.

~

To be completely honest, I didn't wanna go home, because I knew I'd be by myself again. But I mostly wanted to stay with Niall, lying in his bed and smelling his scent while he played with my hair, but I knew I had to give him space. Nobody wants a clingy person. So I just appreciated the little time I had left with him as we neared my house, holding his hand and tracing shapes at the back of it while he hummed along to the radio.