25: Homework

Saph

Stretching my arm out, I realised the bed next to me was empty. I shot up, caught off guard with the realisation that Niall wasn't in bed.

"Ni?" I called towards the open door of his bedroom, waiting for a reply that never came. His sudden absence made me feel uneasy. I looked at the empty pillow next to me. A folded piece of paper placed on it caught my attention and I grabbed it immediately.

Went to get us breakfast. Be back soon.

I instantly recognised the scribbled handwriting. Just below the short message, a sloppy and lopsided heart was drawn, with an arrow going through it. I shook my head, leaving out a chuckle as I felt my body relax. I grabbed his shirt that was scattered on the floor next to the bed and pulled it over my head before I fluffed the pillow and laid against the wooden headboard of the bed. Relief washed over me to find the note and I got my phone from the nightstand, deciding to kill the time by calling Kristy. I wasn't aware of her work schedule for the day, but she did end up answering my call almost immediately.

"You bitch!" She shouted, the loud tone in her voice making me flinch away from the phone slightly.

"Morning, Kris." I laughed, well aware of her reason for answering like that.

"What the hell is going on? I've been at the edge of my seat for almost two days, and you're just now deciding to call me?" She complained, making me laugh even more.

"Sorry, I was busy!" I tried apologizing for not being much in touch with her as my laughter died down.

"I bet you were, weren't you?" She suggestively said and I could picture the smirk she had on her face but she spoke again before I got to answer.

"First and foremost, I need to know for sure. Did you have sex with him?" She excitedly asked, speaking a little quieter into the speaker.

"Yes." I admitted, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks.

"Yes! Finally! How many times since Friday night?"

"Kris!"

"Tell me!" I huffed at her request and rolled my eyes, but answered her nonetheless.

"Five." I admitted, smiling to myself as I counted them down in my head.

"Not bad! Five times in the span of a day and a half is pretty impressive. How was it?" She asked, eager to find out more.

"I'm not telling you over the phone!" I protested, feeling a rush of shyness about having to talk about the matter further.

"I'm not asking for a detailed walkthrough! I meant in general!" She laughed at my reaction, amused by the reserved tone I spoke in, since I wasn't someone that got shy easily.

"I don't know how to explain it." I sighed, deep in thought.

"That's a good sign." She joked in a suggestive tone. I ignored her comment and continued.

"It's so different with him Kris. It's intimate, slow and steady, with a crazy buildup. He takes his time, talking to me through it all, kissing me and touching me in all the right places. I just... It's just-"