2: That Boy

Managing to get permission from my History teacher to go to the restrooms, I exited the small room and walked down the corridors to find it. No one was around, which was a good thing if you ask me. I quite enjoy some peace and quiet. Just when I was outside the girls' room, I caught a glimpse at a blonde boy walking, looking at the ground. What is he even doing here? I shrugged in off as I entered the restroom and shut the door behind me.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror, immediately being disappointed by it. How couldn't I? I sighed and rubbed my eyes, trying to hold back my tears. I'm so done with crying. Why does it even happen? It only makes people look so vulnerable and so easy to be broken. I hate it.

I got out of the room and walked back to my class but as soon as I had sat back down, the bell rang. I grabbed my bag and stormed out as most of the students here. This is literally my worst subject. And on top of that, my teacher hates the blue hair and all the piercing and stuff. I headed off to my next class, not willing to be late or socialize with anyone right now and sat in the very back, on my left side a window.

The bell rang again without me even realising it. I was too lost in my thought, as always, to even hear the Biology teacher shouting at the students to be quiet and sit down. When they finally did, she introduced herself, even though we already know her, and carried on talking about things I didn't bother to pay attention to, but didn't seem to have anything to do with the subject she was supposed to be teaching.

Five minutes later, there was a knock on the door, which I heard but didn't pay further attention to. Someone must have been late as I could make out a dialogue between two before I felt a presence next to me. I shifted uncomfortably and tore my gaze from the mountain that was barely visible from afar outside the closed window.

I looked at the blonde boy next to me questioningly, then I realized he was probably the one I saw earlier. He smiled at me and greeted me with a 'hi' but I huffed in response and turned my attention back to the window.

Call me rude, I honestly don't care. I know his kind. He may be wearing glasses, which I highly doubt he even needs them, but it's clear he's one of the jocks. And if he's not, he's definitely popular around here. Why wouldn't he? He's a blonde with messy hair, blue-eyed boy who's not ugly at all. Quite the opposite. All those bubbly girls are probably head over heels for such a 'catch' and I'm sure they swoon over him.

And don't even get me started how much of douchebags those guys are. Thinking they can get any girl and they end up having five girlfriends all together secretly. Disgusting.

My thoughts were cut off for no reason in particular and I sniffed, as I've been a little sick these past few days and hugged myself tighter. It's technically still summer and I have a cold. Hurray me!

"Are you okay?" He, surprisingly, asked raising an eyebrow.

"Why do you care?" I snapped at him. Ok maybe I'm a little bit too harsh on him but lately I'm going through hell and my nerves are not fine at all.

"I-I just... Y-You seem a littl-"

"Shut up." I cut him off and rolled my eyes, not wanting this conversation- if you could call it that- to continue.

We sat in silence for a long time and, even though I didn't want to do any talking, I asked a question that has been bugging me for one or two minutes now.

"Why are you even sitting here?"

"I um... There's no other seat."

"So this means you'll be next to me for the rest of the school year?" I wondered aloud, but more saying it to myself as I quickly scanned the room.

"Pretty much, yeah." I sighed in defeat because I actually found another seat but wasn't in the mood to talk about it. How come he sat next to me? Isn't he afraid of his reputation or something to be next to the punk freak of the school. Maybe he was dared to do so.

~

"Sup." I jumped at the sudden sound of a male voice and I looked behind my locker's door to find my brother yawning.

"Really? 'Sup'?" He rolled his eyes at me and I closed my locker and started walking, him trailing behind me.

"So how was your day so far?" I snapped my head at his direction and rose an eyebrow.

"Good...I guess?"

"I bumped into a nerd the previous period and fell down because of that. What an idiot."

"Yeah big deal." I said ironically. When my brother kept walking with me, I knew he wanted something, and I think I already know what.

"What do you want Cameron?"

"Ok so here's the deal. After basketball practice I'm gonna go out. Cover me up?" He asked me. A question I'm bored of hearing.

"It's the first day of school and you're already bailing on me? Leaving me home alone all day with dad?" If he even shows up.

"C'mon sis please."

"Ugh fine!" I groaned, throwing my head back.

"Cool, thanks. I owe you." I snickered.

"Oh you owe me big time since I've covered for you so many times."

"I know, I know. And I'm grateful for that." He patted my back as he started walking quicker, disappearing into the crowd.

Stopping in my tracks, I sighed and decided I'm not gonna stay home all day, so I called the only person I wanna talk to. Dialing the number and pressing it against my ear, I heard an answer after seven rings.

"Hey." Said the voice of my boyfriend.

"Hey can I come over and maybe crash for the night?" It was quiet for a couple of seconds.

"Uh... yeah ok."

"Alright. Thanks."

"Sure. I gotta go. Bye." He hung up before I could answer, which is a habit of his. I slid my phone into my pocket, resuming my walk to the school's cafeteria.

~

*Later that day*

"Is Dan here?" I asked Blake throwing myself at the couch of his tiny apartment, referring to his roommate.

"Nope." He said as he took a seat next to me and turned on the telly, swinging a skinny arm around my shoulder. Both of us stayed silent for a long time, just listening to the rambling of the TV. Something usual for us when it happens to stay inside. A while later, he got up and walked into the kitchen, returning with one of his 'special' cigarettes as I prefer to call them. He sat back down and took it between his thin lips, passing it to me after he breathed in the deadly smoke, to his delight, accepted. Breathing in the smoke, I coughed as I released it and he patted my back, smirking down at me.

"You're starting to get used to it Saph." I nodded in agreement and breathed in some more smoke. We went on and on, me coughing less everytime until we were finished.

"Good girl." He smirked once again as I smirked back at him. He crashed his lips on mine, kissing me quickly and roughly. I already knew where we were going to end up in a few.

He pulled me onto his lap, so I was straddling him and got up, walking towards the small bedroom that could barely fit the double bed placed in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Any ideas for this or any other of my books are always more than welcome.

Speaking of that, why don't you take a glance at my other books?

Don't forget to Vote and thanks for reading!