20: White Mustang

Saph

All night, I kept tossing and turning in my bed, finding it hard to fall asleep as I kept replaying every moment of what just happened, clinging onto every tiny detail. I couldn't believe that the boy I was desperately trying to avoid during class was now my boyfriend, and I certainly couldn't believe how wrong I was about him when I first met him.

I always found him good looking, from the moment I saw his face when he greeted me in class the first day of school, and I guess I found that enough of a reason to expect he was just like almost every other guy. Aware of the fact that girls were swooning over him and eager to grasp every opportunity to sleep with one of them.

But I couldn't be more wrong, and it was shocking when I found out that the people I expected would be friends with him mocked him and categorized him as a 'nerd', even though I couldn't understand why they did so.

And I couldn't comprehend how nice he always was to me, even when we would throw sarcastic remarks at eachother, and that was probably the most surprising thing of all.

I found myself jumping excitedly out of bed when my alarm went off, anticipating meeting him again. I never thought I'd be this exhilarated over meeting someone, and Kris didn't miss the opportunity to mock me over it when I called her last night to tell her all about my date.

I brushed my teeth and combed my hair before making my way to the closet to put on one of my usual outfits, a pair of black skinny jeans and a graphic tee. I quickly did my usual make up, making sure to put on some of the strawberry lip balm Niall liked and slid on a leather jacket, grabbed my backpack and made my way downstairs to the kitchen as I waited for him to arrive.

I walked into the room to find Cameron already there, sitting on a stool at the counter as he ate a bowl of cereal. I didn't pay any attention to him as I let my bag drop to the ground and opened a cupboard to grab a bowl. I got the milk out of the fridge and grabbed a spoon before I stood across from him on the other side of the counter. I stretched over the marble surface to grab the cereal box that was next to him as he just kept staring at me.

"What do you want?" I scoffed as I filled my bowl with cereal. It was the first time I talked to him after over a week, and I made sure it was clear in my tone that I was still annoyed at him.

"Where did you go last night?" He asked, eyeing me suspiciously as he took a spoonful into his mouth.

"Why do you care?" I retorted as I poured milk over the flakes and went to put it back into the fridge.

"Come on, Saph. I'm just trying to make conversation." He said, rolling his eyes at me as I stood across from him again and started on my breakfast.

"Really? You made your opinion of me pretty clear last weekend." I snickered, hoping that he would stop pretending he actually cares and leave me alone.

"You're seriously still hung up on that?" He laughed, thinking that he was off the hook and that I'd be all buddy buddy with him all of a sudden.

"Yes, now leave me alone."

"Fine. I was gonna offer you a ride to school, but you just lost your chance." He sneered.

"I have my own ride, I don't need you." I taunted back as I finished my cereal.

"With who? The nerd you had with you last time?" He jeered, his words making my blood boil as I slammed my hand on the countertop infront of him.

"Stop with your childish remarks!" I shouted, glaring at him. The fact that he laughed in response made me want to punch him yet again.