51: Mr. & Mrs.

Saph

It seemed like a dream, but the day I've been waiting for for almost three years was finally here.

I was anxiously sat in a chair while Claudia was doing my makeup. Having a friend that's a professional makeup artist is very handy, especially when it comes to your wedding day. And I was definitely grateful for her, because she was not only the one doing my makeup, but she had offered to watch Maeve for the ceremony. No matter how much I loved my daughter, I was glad someone else would be dealing with her for a while. That way I could enjoy the ceremony to its fullest.

"I've gotta give you props for sticking with the blue hair Saph. I thought you'd ditch it once you had Maeve." Claudia chuckled, applying eyeshadow to my eyelid.

"Yeah, I honestly thought about going back to brunette because I'm not a teen anymore. But then I thought why should that affect me?" I honestly responded. Having blue hair always turned heads, especially now that I've had a baby. I've heard people saying that I'm not taking motherhood seriously because of my hair colour, which I find absolutely ridiculous. That alone was enough of a reason to keep dying it blue. Niall being absolutely in love with it also helped make that decision.

"Look who's all dressed and ready!" Kris beamed, coming into the room with Maeve in her arms. She had her dressed in a cream tulle dress with a yellow bow around the waist. The light brown hair she had were styled into pigtails. She was still only almost a year old, but she was filled with curiosity as she looked around.

"Come to momma baby." I cooed, extending my arms over to Kristy. She handed me Maeve carefully and I held her up in my arms.

"Did auntie Kris get you looking this pretty?" I asked the baby, as if she would be able to answer me. I always made fun of parents talking to their babies in those high pitched baby voices.

Joke's on me.

"Saph, don't move." Claudia chuckled, trying to fill in my eyebrows. Maeve looked at me inquisitively, chewing at the knuckles of her chubby fingers. Her big, round blue eyes shining like the ocean. She had Niall's eyes and I was still in awe on how much she resembled him.

"I'm ready too by the way." Kris announced, doing a turn to show off her floor length maroon dress. Being my maid of honour and only bridesmaid, she went all out.

"Darling, you look beautiful like always." Claudia beamed, pure admiration and love in her eyes. That was enough to make Kristy blush.

"You really do Kris. I'm actually a bit worried you'll upstage me." I joked, looking up as Claudia directed me to.

"Oh, please. You're gonna look like a movie star in this dress Saph. Maybe we should get a red carpet down the isle." Kris complimented with a smile, taking Maeve away so that Claudia could work.

"How's Niall doing?" I had a tinge of nervousness to know the answer, which was completely dumb.

"Getting ready in his room. I was just about to go check on him. Wanna come along Meavie? Wanna show daddy how pretty you look?" She cooed, bouncing Maeve on her hip. Maeve giggled, her round cheeks puffing up as she smiled.

"Yeah, go and make sure he hasn't ran away." I joked.

"Saph, he's in too deep to even think about doing that." Claudia laughed, shaking her head. I sighed deeply, waving at Maeve as Kris left with her. The wedding was taking place in a hotel, by the pool. That way, I was able to get ready in the bridal suite while Niall was just a few rooms away. We were so close to eachother, but we agreed on not seeing one another until the ceremony.