14: McDreamy

Saph

Saturday morning I woke up to the buzzing of my phone. I groaned and buried my face into the pillow, not wanting to get out of the comfortable position I was in to reach for the phone. Then I realised that it could be Blake that texted me, and that was enough to make me sit up. I haven't heard from him since he left, so I was anxious to finally get a text from him.

But it wasn't him. Instead, Kristy's name popped up on the screen, asking me if I was awake and telling me to call her. I sighed and lied back down as I pressed the call button next to her name.

"Hey Saph! Glad you finally decided to wake up." She excitedly said. I groaned in response, making it clear I still wasn't fully awake.

"Wow, no need to be so excited to talk to your bestie." She sarcastically said, making me roll my eyes even though she couldn't see me.

"Cut me some slack, Kris. Will you?" I snapped, making it obvious to her that I was not in the mood to banter.

"What's got your panties in a twist so early? What did Blake do now?" She sighed in annoyance.

"Nothing. He did nothing. That's the whole point."

"He still hasn't called you or texted you? Gosh, Saph why do you even bother with him anymore? There's plenty of guys that would jump at the chance of dating you."

"Yeah, I doubt that. No one wants to date the punk freak, Kris." I snickered sarcastically as I pulled my duvet over my head to warm myself up.

"Shut up, will you? When will you stop talking yourself down?" She shouted into the phone, making me flinch away from it. She sighed and stayed silent for a few seconds before speaking again.

"I'm sorry, Saph. I just love you so much and it hurts seeing you self destruct." She spoke soothingly.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I mean that being with Blake is doing you more harm than good. I understand that you don't wanna be alone, but running after him like a stray dog and waiting around for whenever he has time for you is not the answer to your problems." She said sternly. Just when I was about to answer, my phone dinged again, signaling I had a text.

"Is that him? Don't answer right away." Kris said when she heard the sound as well. I pulled my phone away to see who the text was from. I expected it to be Blake too, but the name on the screen caught me by surprise.

"It's Niall." I mumbled quietly, mostly to myself rather than Kris as I brought my phone back against my ear and sat up on the bed.

"What? Who is that?" She asked dumbfounded. I doubt she even remembers him, but I could already guess her reaction as I was about to reveal his identity to her.

"He's a guy I'm doing a project for school with. You saw him at the pub." I revealed.

"Wait, you're not talking about the hot blondie with the guitar, are you?" She asked, and I could picture the stupid smirk she had on her face.

"Oh, so now you think he's hot? Want me to set you up with him?" I asked sarcastically.

"I know you think he's hot too, so don't even try and lie to me. And no, I'm not interested but maybe you should be."

Through The Darkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें