Chapter Thirty Eight: The Aftermath.

Belle's P.O.V

 We were in the forest, limping the way back to the village. Raina was helping Isaac walk while Analee had a sleeping child on her hip. Her held hand mine, as she kept glancing at me when she thought I wasn't looking. What is she thinking?

"I am sorry Raina for having to do this" Isaac said, only to have Raina sarcastically grunt out, "Oh no Isaac, your as light as a feather" Which made Isaac sigh.

My wounded shoulder stun. But I kept my face straight, not wanting any of them to worry. I heard a small grumble come from the sleepy Ollie. He was rubbing his eyes before asking "Are we there yet?" He leaned his head on my mother's shoulder as he tired to stay awake. I chuckled, replying, "Nearly there Ollie." A small happy smile appeared on his face.

"Well thank goodness" Raina mumbled out, causing Isaac to frown as he mumbled "I'm sorry." I felt my lips form a small smile as I could see the exit of the forest. I heard Raina pant, loud and a bit too dramatic.

Sighing, I stated to the rest lagging behind that we were very close to the exit and every one cheered, Raina was the loudest.

As we came to the end, I stopped, leaning against the nearest tree. My shoulder felt as if tens of thousands of knifes were being stabbed repeatedly. I felt my face go pale, as I touched the wound lightly, only to have my fingers burnt. I pulled my fingers back and stared at them with wide eyes.

What was that?

I was pulled back by hearing footsteps come towards me. I looked up to see Analee. Her face held much concern as she pointed to my pale pained face. I gave her a fake smile and said "I am alright Mum, I just need to think of a way on how I am going to tell everyone that I am alive." I know that she didn't believe me because she gave me the look.

I sighed and said " Don't worry mother, I am fine. I just need a breather. Go, I'll be right behind you" I begged her. She stayed there for a few minutes before nodding and walking off to the village, where what seemed like something important was happening.

So I watched from a distance.

...........................................................

Raina P.O.V

Urgh, I felt like my shoulder is going to dislocate! The sooner we get him to the healers, the better. This kid's face is ghostly pale and he has lost too much blood. As I came up to the village square, there was a commotion. Crowds of people were making an unnecessary racket about the warrior. As I came closer I heard people saying "Oh he's so dreamy" or "Is he really going to fight a beast" "I hope he marries my daughter." I roll my eyes as I look up at the one warrior they were talking about.

He was unnaturally buff, his hair was tied up in a complicated plait which must of took ages. He kept winking at the desperate women. His smiles were to bright and his teeth were too white. What a fake!

"Oi, Phony!" I yelled, causing all the women to gasp. I am so happy my family is not like that. The fake turned his face towards me and instantly paled. What? am I that old? I- oh I am supposed to be dead. Oh well, more amusement for me.

I shrugged off their stares and glared at the guy and narrowed my gaze and tired to look menacing as much as possible. His eyes went wide and swallowed loud. I was smiling like an idiot inside, this is too much fun.

"I am sorry but you won't be going to fight, instead take this boy to the healer's" I ordered, causing the guy to freeze. "NOW!" I yelled. The guy  jumped and quickly picked up Isaac. He looked so small and helpless in the arms of the so called 'warrior' as they scampered away.