Chapter Forty Two: The Battle.

Recap:

Suddenly my eyes shot open as I sat up, seeing Thranduil alarmed. "What is going on?" I worriedly asked my husband, who was quickly changing his attire into amour as the warning bells continued to ring.

"We are being attacked."

"What!" I yelped, throwing back the covers and putting my boots on. "I should get ready," I exclaimed, reaching for my sword which laid against the dressing table.

"Get Legolas and meet me by the courtyard," Thranduil suddenly ordered, wrapping his leather belt around his waist. I nodded, hastily putting on my cloak over my nightgown as Thranduil headed out. Once gone, I quickly slung a belt around my waist which held my sword. Just in case.

I ran down the dim hallway to the young prince's room. When opening his door, my eyes caught on Legolas's body as he shook in fear, hiding under the blankets. I heard him mumble, "M-mama?!" as I came to his bed. "I'm here," I whispered. His head popped up from under the covers, his terrified expression changed to relief as he jumped into my arms. Grabbing his small body in my arms, I gently placed him on my hip. His little hands immediately wrapped around my neck, tugging at my hair, trying to get a grip.

Legolas began to whimper as I adjusted my crown. "Are orcs going to bite me?" he cried, clutching to me with dear life. "No my little leaf, they'll have to get passed me first," I promised, kissing his small forehead.

Dashing out of the room, I held him close, hearing urgent commands echo in the distance. We were running down a corridor when servants, seven of them, were panicking in the terror, not knowing what was going on or what to do.

Quickly I approached them, their shocked faces gazing at me for a moment before bowing there heads. Not wanting to waste time, I ordered them to follow me and stay close.

When we approached the courtyard, we were met with chaos. Crowds of men and woman, children and the elders were everywhere. I had to push past lots of people just to reach Thranduil, who was surrounded by men in armour who were ready to fight.

Once the men mounted their horses, I called for Thranduil. His head turned to me, before giving a final nod to the men, who then rode away, following their new orders. My heart pounded in fear. How bad is it?

The king then strolled up to me. He raised his hand to my cheek, caressing it gently and sighed.

"We don't have time. Orcs have made it to the entrance, it won't be long until they reach the village. Get the women and children and take them to the safe house." The king ordered me, but I shook my head. I had other plans.

"No Thranduil, I need to fight. I made an oath to protect this kingdom, I-"

"And you will, Belle. Get the woman and children to the safe house. Protect them-"

"But-"

"Belle. Go with them. Please." He pleaded, grabbing my hand. I looked at him and nodded. He was right. His lips cuvred up, giving me an assuring smile. With his long arms, he wrapped us in a hug, resurging me that everything was going to be alright. When he pulled back, he looked at his horrified son.

Raising his hand, he gently stroked his head before planting a small kiss on his forehead, making Legolas's nose scrunch up in disgust as he grumbled, making both of us to chuckle.

Thranduil then looked at me, his cold eyes watched as a tear rolled down my cheek. He quickly wiped it away with his thumb as he said, " I love you, Bells."

Then, with a peck on the lips he added, "Stay safe, alright? I could not bare with myself if you are dead. Not again. I'll return, I promise. I cannot leave you to raise our son on your own, can I?" He said, softly stroking Legolas's head, before staring back at me.