Chapter Twenty Eight: A New Hope.

Unknown P.O.V

"Oi, Isaac be careful with the old lass, she'll need to carry all our supplies back home," I ordered the boy who was steering the mule, his dark brown locks kept swaying in the front of his dirty face.

Through the years I've have grown rather found of the wee lad who was only a youngling when I took him in. This parents abandon him because of his pitch black eyes, but Isaac is a kind soul; I have only meet one alike, my dearest Raina.

Oh my dear Raina, I thought, oh how her red hair gleamed against the sunlight and her smile, fills my heart with happiness. We were lovers once, but with all lovers, there are faults.

In this case, her parents. Since my father was dwarf of Erbor, my mother was an elegant elf maiden. They had an affair and 9 months later, I arrived to the world. My mother accepted for who I am and raised me, cared for me. Raina's parents thought of me as a disgrace to the elves so did others before them.

So they went to the king and made an excuse for needing more Shields. I was sent out for the strongest wood the next morning. After months and months of searching I finally found the source and hurried back at once.

Once I came home, I found Raina baking in her kitchen, with a gold ring on her left hand and a small bump showing. At first I was furious, I started to drink my sorrows away. But then I heard the rumours that spread around the town. Apparently, Raina's parents forced her to marry a complete jerk, who was a drunk and raped her on her wedding night.

But when I heard that her husband died from some sort of illness, I was at her door in seconds, finding her on her couch, sulking her eyes out as she clutched her swollen belly. I recall how her fragile body felt in my arms as I gently moved her from the couch to her bed. I kissed her forehead lightly as I pulled the blankets around her. As I blew out the candles, I remembered the way she slept as I was about to closed her door.

I made a promise that night to help her raise her child care for it as if it was my own. It was the best thing I had ever done. Analee was a bundle of joy, she had her mother looks and her personality. She was always a little rug-rat, always pulling pranks in my shop. But I could never tell her off for the way her smiles and little giggles melted my heart away. She loved daises, every day I saw her with either a daisy chain tiara or a daisy necklace. We would go on picnics, just the three of us. Analee would hoe into the apple Danish and drink all the ginger beer. One time Little Lee found a worm by the river bank. The little monster stuck it down my shirt. I let out a 'very girly squeal' causing both of the ladies to laugh their heads off.

But when Raina told me about Analee's death, I was distraught. I locked myself in the shop, making extra swords and armour than I had ever done. But the grief was worst for my Raina, she didn't eat for days, I heard her small cries in the night. After a few days of this, I had enough, I went to her and forced her to eat for she lost so much weight. But the most heart-breaking thing was her smile. It had lost its loving warmth to it.

So one day, I went to elder Vane and asked if he could create a painting for Raina. Once finished, I gave it to the love of my life. It was her cradling a small Analee in her arms. Raina burst into tears as she wrapped her arms around my neck, mumbling a 'thank you' into my shoulder, before saying that I need to lose the long beard, "It makes you look older," she said with a small smile.

.....................................................................................................................................

I was pulled back to the present by Isaac shouting at me, informing that we are back. The boy, who is my assistant, is learning how to become a blacksmith, like me self. Finally, we are coming home from months of searching for more iron in the south.