Chapter Thirty Nine: The Truth.

Thranduil's P.O.V

Suddenly something bright caught my attention. My eyes landing on her left wrist, on it was what looked like some sort of flower design. But what really shocked my was that it kept glowing white, brighter with every scream. Suddenly a memory flashed before my eyes.

An owl, a pure white owl. Awake in brood daylight. I remember myself saying that it was 'very strange but very beautiful.' But what shocked me was that I remember that exact markings on the bird's left wing. It couldn't be.. could it?

"Huntress..."

As those words left my mouth, a small chuckle came from Raina. "Did you just figure that out, boy?" She questioned, but I didn't answer. My arms withdrew from Belle's shaking body.

"Why didn't she tell me?" This caused all the women heads to turn to me. Galadriel gave me a small sympathetic smile, while Raina was giving me an 'Are you an idiot' look.

But before she could say anything sarcastic, Galadriel spoke out loud, "She was forbidden to say anything," she paused,  her hawk like eyes watched my mother dab a cold cloth on Belle's forehead.

"The curse that was put upon her was a powerful one. The curse only allowed her to take her original form in the moons light. Unfortunately, the spell also disabled her from speaking of it.

Luckily, my old friend eased the spell slightly. Belle is now allowed to be an elf, with an expectation of changing at least once a month. If not, she'll slowly die in pure agony." She sadly explained, her fingers gently tracing that strange design on her wrist. 

"This rune on Belle's wrist, tells people that of the special powers she poses. Such powers people would spill blood for. This is why Erica or the red eyed beast tried to kill her. 

Eirca would then be able to use these such powers."

..................................................................

Belle's P.O.V

Darkness. That's what I see and only see. As time flies, I felt myself go insane. It was like I was noting. I would cry, shout, scream and no one would hear me. I couldn't see anything, smell or hear anything except for my breathing. I am alone, completely alone.  And it scares me.

When I thought I reached my limits, a small beam of light appeared. Fascinated, I took a step forward, and another. With every step I took, the light would grow.

It wasn't until the I had to cover my eyes when I felt my body be pulled. The last thing I did was let out piercing scream before being swallowed whole.

.....................................

Back to Thranduil's P.O.V

I leaned my head back in the chair, trying to get comfortable. I was currently sitting beside Belle's sleeping figure, her small fragile hand in mine. Everyone has gone home. Raina tried to persuade me to leave, but I wouldn't have it.  Not again...never again.

It was silent, except for the slight snores coming from Wayland's apprentice in the next bed. Apparently, he'd been shot in the thigh by an arrow. I think his name is Ian or something. From what I heard, he is best friends with Belle. I don't know why, but every time I look at him, I feel this sudden anger. Is it jealously? I did not know.

I felt my eyelids begin to feel heavy. I continuously blink to stay awake and to watch over Belle, in case she regains consciousness. I start to draw small patterns on Bells palm when the door suddenly opens.