Chapter Four: Meeting An Elf.

Belle woke up to see her white curved wing covering her face. Ha! I don't have to be awake to transform. Belle was about to stretch her new wings but froze, when she heard a twig snap. Panicking, she flew clumsily up to a high branch, away from clear sight.

In front of her was an elk with huge antlers. She sighed in relief, thinking that it could have been an Orc or something. But as the elk moved further into view she saw an elf, an elf!

Oh no, Belle thought and looked down to see she hadn't covered up the dead fire from last night. Shoot! The elf elegantly got off of his mount and crouched down next to the dead fire. I have to say he's not bad for an elf. He's tall and has blonde straight hair. Everyone in Nerathorn had short black hair, well except my mother and me. Where am I? Who was he?

Just by witnessing the way he moved was beautiful, no falls or trips with a straight back as he held his head high, she could tell he was somewhat important.

Belle was so tranced by the elf that she fell off the branch, but luckily caught the branch below. The branch accidently made a noise, making the elf turn his head in her direction. Belle went in stiff, hardly breathing when she saw icy blue eyes, filled with hidden warmth, but blind to the naked eye.

The elf loaded his bow, searching the area for any sign of movement. When his eyes fell on me, he gently lowered his bow, his shoulders relaxed. Act natural! Act Owl! Belle didn't know how an owl acted so she walked across the branch flapping her wings like a crazy chicken.

When she saw the elf's lips curve up into a small smile, Belle hid her face in her wing embarrassed.

"Why, aren't you odd? Awake in the daylight when you're supposed to be sleeping? Very strange, but beautiful."

Belle's eyes widen still covered by her wing. He thought she was beautiful? No one has ever told her that.

"Why do you hide, Falathiel?" (huntress).

Belle wished she could answer, but an owl cannot speak. As she continued to watch him, the more curious she became. There's something about this certain elf that I can't put my claw on. All she knew was that she had a strange feeling in her stomach every time he looked at her.

"Why am I talking to an owl? Oh I must be going insane. I have already had a bad day with father, now this!" Belle heard him mutter under his breath.

The elf then sighed, turning around heading back to his mount. Wait don't go! Belle started hooting, flapping her wings, anything to get his attention. He looks back and raised an eyebrow. "You're an odd one, you know that Falathiel." He exclaimed, mounting his steed and then took off.

.....................................................................................................

After a while, Belle got bored, trying to think of something to entertain herself until nightfall. Flying! That's what I'll do, Belle needed a way to practice more.

Here we go,

Tree, check.

Wings out, check.

Light breeze, check.

On yours marks, get set, fly!

Belle leaped off the branch, flapping her wings furiously, trying to stay in the air. Using the wind as more support if needed, she was able to fly around about until engine one failed in her, making her plunge for the ground.

MADAY! MADAY! As she crashed into a pile of leaves. What a coincidence! Belle thought sarcastically. There just had to be a pile of leaves from where she fell, hitting her head on a rock.

Getting on her feet she saw the sun produce rays of yellow and oranges that lit the sky, a few clouds here and there. She suddenly felt the tingling sensation going up her arm. It felt like pins and needles, until she started to glow. This is different? Why am I glowing?

Feathers slowly formed her dress as her body reshaped into her elf. But this time, no pain. Belle smiled in relief, at least she can change without having to scream all the time.

Belle decided to go for a walk for she had nothing else to do. The forest was alive, moonlight flowers bloom in dark blues as fireflies danced around her, Belle giggled.

She was humming a tune her mother used to sing her, when something moved. Silently loading her bow, Belle looked around and saw nothing.

Suddenly she heard metal clashing together. Belle screamed, a long and painful scream, looking down to see an Orc trap clamped shut around her leg.

She cried out in pain, trying to use her abilities, but they wouldn't work. Using her hands to try and pry the trap open, she heard a chuckle.

"Now why is there an elf in my trap? And with such beauty as well? What would it be like to taste such beauty?" Her eyes widened in horror.

....................................................................................................................................

Thranduil's P.O.V

I awoke from my sleep as I heard a piercing cry. Getting up, I dressed as quickly as possible and was out the door, accidently falling over a maid in the process.

I mounted my fastest steed and took off. Soon enough I heard what sounded like whimpers and pleads. Up ahead I see an Orc, licking it chops. I heard a cry as the orc stepped closer. Loading my bow, I fired hitting the Orc in the middle of its disgusting head.

Running over to the orc's body to regain my arrow, I heard the sounds of chains rattling together. As I came to the orc's body, smelling of rotten flesh I saw a blood trail heading east, I decided to follow, someone must be injured. Up ahead I hear splashes of water which made me run faster. As I came to the clearing where the Fliken Lake is, I searched, hoping whoever it is, is still out there.

..............................................................................................................................

Do you like???

Thank you for reading this book/chapter

Comment, vote and if you want, follow!