Chapter Thirteen: Grandma

Belle's P.O.V

"Where did you get that?" her voice was shaky, as she slowly comes towards me.

"What?" I asked, confused at her sudden approach.

"That!" she stated pointing at me. I looked down to see I was fiddling with my mother's necklace. Why is she so shaken up? It's only a necklace.

"You mean my mother's necklace?" I asked, worried at what may happen next. Raina froze, her breath hitched and not blinking. A tear fell down her cheek, I quickly jumped off the couch and came towards her.

"Are you ok?" I asked, putting my hand gently on her arm. I heard her mumble "What is your name, dear?"

"Belle."

"Your full name," she said sternly.

"Eáránë Tinúviel," I said in elvish. (Belle Azalea)

Her eyes widen, putting a hand over her mouth. I heard her mumble something like, "you're an Azalea?" her voice filled with disbelief, as her hands started to shake. She then looked straight in my eyes and said, "Do you know Analee?" her voice cracked with emotion at the name "Analee."

I gave her shocked expression. How does she know my mother? I stepped back slightly, a little creeped out at Raina. "Analee was my mother," I whimpered, on the verge of tears. The image of my mother gaze flashed into my mind. Slowly tears started to fall as my mother attempted to speak for the first time in my life, the time just before her death.

Sometimes I would image what her voice would sound like. And when she looked up at me, something in my heart shattered. The love and happiness that she showed on her face, was a rare sight to see my mother happy. My father and sister never showed any care of sympathy to my mother or me.

It's like my family is in a box, and in that box were two smaller boxes; overtime the box that contained my mother got smaller and smaller as her self-esteem decreased. On the other side stood my father, sister and others of the village. Their insults and comments seemed to give them pride and pleasure, while my mother was getting stabbed with knives over and over again, until the arrow finally set her free.

Suddenly. a loud bang pulled me from my thoughts. Raina fell to the ground. Scrambbling to my feet, I quickly caught her head before impact. Her eyes were closed but her hands were shaking. I quickly grabbed her gently, laying her on the couch.

She was mumbling something that I couldn't catch, her head moving from side to side, as if she was having a nightmare. I kneeled beside her, grabbing her shoulders, shaking her, saying "Raina, Raina, Raina!" I started to panic, my breathing quickened. What is happing to her?

Suddenly her lids opened, revealing her beautiful green eyes which made me sigh in relief. Then I saw tears in her eyes, which made my smile turn into worriedness.

"What's wrong? Is it something I've done? Yes, it is me isn't it? Yes of course it is," I said, putting my head in my hands, rocking back and forth, crying out. "I'm a horrible person, worthless and useless person."

I heard a chuckle, then hands pulled the hands away from my face. There sat Raina, a smile shone on her face and a lonely tear, staining her cheek. She pulls me in a tight hug. "You're my granddaughter!" She said proudly, crying in my shoulder.

She's my grandmother? My grandmother! I have a grandmother?

She pulls away and see's my confused face and chuckles and grabs my necklace. Turning it around to see the initials R.A and underneath the initials A.A.

"You see I am R.A, Raina Azalea and your mother A.A, Analee Azalea" she said with a sigh. "I gave this to your mother the day before she went missing, or in my case I thought she was dead." her voice was shaky, trying to not tear up again.

She looked at me with a hopeful smile. "Were is my Analee, your mother?" Glee sparkled in her eyes.

I couldn't take it anymore and broke down crying. Raina is hoping to see her daughter. She will never be able to see her.

"If she never did that, she could've been alive, but she did, just because of me, stupid, selfish m-" I was interrupted by Raina embracing me with another hug.

"How did it happen?" I heard her mumble, as she grabbed my face in her hands, and brushed the remaining tears away.

"It happened about 2 months ago. I came home late to be faced with my drunken father. He started beating me until my mother, Analee stood in front of me. She got slapped hard and that's when I lost it. I threw a fire ball at my father, burning his cheek. I was comforting my mother when she pushed me out of the way, an arrow shot through her chest. She saved me from an arrow that was shot by my father. She tried to speak, but couldn't and gave me her necklace."

"Why couldn't she speak?" Raina asked, I gulped and replied, "She never spoke. Some say she was a mute, but I never believed that."

Raina put a hand over in her mouth, thinking for a bit before saying "At least she died for something she loved most dear. A true sacrifice. But even though it pains me to say, she gave her life to protect you and save me." A weakly smile on her as she said, "I love you Belle, with all my heart."

I smiled, wiping my eyes. "I love you too Raina."

..............................................................................................................................................

I woke up to an amazing smell, removing my wing from my face and flew into the kitchen. Raina stood there with a frying pan in her hand, and what looks like bacon sizzling away.

I flew down and landed on the wooden chair back. I seemed to have given her a fright because when she turned around and saw me she jumped, putting her hand over her heart.

"Hello Belle, would you like some bacon?" She asked, I nodded my head in reply. I heard her mumble "I never thought I would have an owl as a granddaughter," chuckling a bit and putting 3 pieces of bacon on my plate. I jumped on the table and grabbed the bacon with my claw, ripping it piece by piece with my mouth.

"At least I don't have to teach table manners in your bird form Belle," she joked, washing the pan in the sink.

A knock came from the door.

Raina walked over to see who it is. I heard what sounded like "Thrandy, what do I have the privilege of your visit? Huh, A kiss on the cheek or a hug. An award saying 'Raina you're the best cook in the world' oh or even a belly da-" she was cut off by a familiar voice.

"Sorry to let you down Raina but you're not going to see me belly dancing. No I'm here to check up on you and Huntress."

There was a pause before Raina spoke. "Oh Huntress huh? Sure, she's in the kitchen," she said a bit louder than usual, making sure I heard.

Footsteps echoed against the wooden floor until I saw Raina with a very familiar looking elf behind her.

 The Prince.

...........................................................................................................................

Im sorry if its hard to read, I was trying to get that part of the story across the best I could.

What do will happen next? Leave your comments below

Thank you for the votes and very nice comments.

Thank you for reading it , of course.

*Random question*

Has any of you guys had embarrassing moment involving Hiccups?

Thank you!

Spypuppy Out!