Chapter Seven: The Disappointed King.

Thranduil's P.O.V

I stormed through the village, not caring about the villagers' strange stares. Soon enough, I had reached the massive oaked doors of my home. Pounding my fist on the door, I was greeted with no answer. I pushed them open in anger. How could she escape! No one escapes me!

As I rounded the corner, I faced the throne room. Sitting on the powerful tree like throne, sat King Orpoher, mighty and proud. With his dark blue eyes and blonde hair. He never showed any care or kindness towards me. He just wanted an heir. I never loved him.

Sitting next to him was Queen Lothiriel (Heather) with snowy white hair which was tied back with pearls. My mother was one of the most caring person you could ever meet. With her pale green eyes, she could see into any ones soul, including mine. Her eyes shone in sympathy this time which was a stark contrast to the King's.

"Son, where were you last night?" the king questioned me.

"I was out," I mumbled, my hands clenched into fist, not caring about my angered face.

"SPEAK UP BOY! WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT!" he yelled.

That's it!

"If you really wanted to know father, I heard screaming in the forest and went to invest-" but he cut me off.

"YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU"- pointing at where I stood- "WENT IN THE WOODS WITHOUT ANY GUARDS! THE PRINCE OF MIRKWOOD AND ONLY HEIR TO THE THRONE WENT OUT ALONE!"

Father's face was splashed with anger. My mother stood and went over to him, putting a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him.

He pushed her away, hard. Making her fall to the ground with a thud.

"DONT YOU BASTARD HURT MY MOTHER, YOU GREDDY, ARROGANT BEAST!" I roared in rage in the man's redden face. He stood there in shocked at my outrage.

I crouched down to my mother, helping her to her feet. Checking for any cuts or bruises, but I was ripped from her grasp by my father's guards.

"20 lashings would do, in punishment for disrespecting the king." He ordered before turning back to my mother, slapping her down to the ground again. I fought against the guards grip as my mother whimpered. Being dragged out of the room,  I watched as the doors slammed in my face.

......................................................................................................................

I bit down hard on my lip as mother dabbed my back with a wet cloth. 20 lashings had caused the skin to nearly come clean off.

After a while, I felt her stop.  A drop of wetness splattered onto my back. She was crying.  I stood up and faced my mother, her eyes red and glistened with incoming tears. I wrapped my arms around her small fragile figure as she cried into my chest. After she had calmed down I pulled back and gently grasped her face. An ugly purple/blue bruise was forming on her check. Her pale green eyes showed hurt, guilt and sadness as she looked into my own.

I kissed her forehead and said, "You are staying here tonight, at least until he calms down" She was about to protest but I held my hand out, stopping her. "I don't want you to go to that monster. You are going to sleep here tonight. I'll sleep in the chair." My mother smiled a little and mumbled a thank you before going to my bed.

I smiled as I went to the chair, groaning under my breath as my wounded back hits the back off the chair.  I would have to sleep on my front tonight. Staring over at my bed, I could see my mother's small figure curled up in a small ball as she drifted off to sleep.

At least my mother was safe.

............................................................................................................

Do you like????

is it tooo short?

ill try to make it longer

i hope it makes sense.

I want to thank all of you guys for reading my book! you guys are awesome!

Lothiriel (Thranduil's mother) on the side -->

;)

SPYPUPPY, OUT!