Chapter Twenty One: The Moonlight Dance.

Belle's P.O.V

I placed my small hand into his, feeling warmth travel back into my hand and up my arm as he gently gripped it, pulling me to my feet. Tucking my hand under his arm as he led me away.

As Thranduil pulled the willow's leaves aside I looked down and gasped. Fireflies were swimming in between the tips of the leaves, making shadows form on the ground.

I pulled my gaze upwards, Fireflies lit the night sky, occasionally turning their lights on and off. I smiled in amazement, I put my hand out to the side, seeing the lights dance and dive around my hand, I laughed with pure curiosity, looking back to see Thranduil watching me, a small smile appeared across his face.

He stopped me when we came to a clearing. Pines cornered us as the lake shone its reflection in front. Thranduil then gently placed a hand on my hip, sending butterflies to my stomach. He held my hand in his and looked at me, waiting. I felt a little bit self-conscious under his gaze.

"What?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

He gave me a sheepish grin and said, "This is the part where you sing." I burst out laughing, tears on the edge of falling. I looked to up at Thranduil, hoping to see him smile and laugh along with me. But no.

His face was filled with seriousness. I instantly stopped, feeling my cheeks reddened with embarrassment, "You weren't joking weren't you?" I questioned, he shook his head.

I sighed and looked at the ground and said "I can't sing."

I heard a chuckle come from Thranduil. I looked up back at him as he said "Nonsense, every elvish lady can sing."

I felt my mouth turn into a frown and grumbled "Well apparently my voice didn't get the memo."

He frowned at me and looked around, thinking of something. An Idea came to mind, making me smirk in satisfaction.

"You could sing?" I asked, the prince's snapped his head in my direction, his expression bewildered at my sudden approach, his eyes wide and mouth open. He continued to stare until his mouth formed a smirk as his eyes held amusement, bending down his head to my level.

My breath hitched as I felt his warm breath on my neck, "I know you can sing Bells" his lips nicking my ear. Suddenly I felt his hands on my hips, throwing me into the air. I squealed in fright, closing my eyes, expecting my body to hit the ground.

Warm arms caught my body, I opened my eyes to Thranduil, his eyes stared at me with amusement and something else, I could not tell. I narrowed my eyes at him, "Nev-" but cut off by him twirling around, me in his arms. My vision was blurry; my head was spinning as I felt my hair swimming in the breeze.

A small giggle slipped my throat, I quickly tucked my head into the crook of his neck, trying to hide the blush that was blooming across my pale cheeks, I heard a chuckle as we came to a halt, He let go of my legs. Feeling the cold grass hit my bare feet, making my toes turn a little red.

Thranduil gently placed his hand on my hip. He took my hand in his, my heart was pounding against my rib cage as I looked into his eyes. His icy glare took my attention. He held no emotion on his face, but I looked deeper, breaking his wall. I saw caring and kindness, but why hide it? Why does he hide his true feelings? Why hide his actual self?

Thranduil's sliver hair shined like starlight. His blue eyes bluer than the ocean. His smile...brings joy to when all is lost.

"Sing," Thranduil demanded, snapping me out of the trance. An idea came to mind and started to hum.

Thranduil raised an eyebrow, but lead the dance, not questioning. I looked at his face, the moon lighting only half of his face, leaving the other, shadowed and mysterious. I was suddenly jerked out of his arms and into the forest, his hand griped my hand firmer as he twirled me back in. I was shocked and let out a small giggle.