Chapter Forty One: Memories.

"Mama, don't say anymore. Just tell me what happened next." He said, holding his mother's hand, wanting to hear the rest of the story. "Well, ah, well um-" The queen stumbled on her words, not knowing what to say next. It wasn't until she looked at her only son, that she seemed to calm down. She reached out and stroked the side of his head.

"Well Legolas, what happened next was that Belle got grounded and was force to stay in the healers room for a month until she was fully healed. Belle did not like that very much and blamed Thranduil. She made several attempts to escape, but she got caught every time." Legolas, sleepily looked at his mother, his eyes pleading for more information.

The queen looked away and cleared her throat, thinking of what to tell her son next. That's when a thought came to mind. She looked at her son and grinned. "Well," she stated, her eyes were glowing with excitement, never losing the grin, "That's enough for tonight, the rest will have to wait for next time. It's time for a certain young prince to go to bed."

Little Legolas' face drooped as he started up at his mother in horror. "But-but what happened to Thranduil? Or Neawilith the bitch?"

The queen's eye widened in shock as she scolded her son, warning him to never use such language again." No buts. It is wwwaaayy past your bedtime," The queen said, peering out at the night sky, the stars now visible. "It'll be morning soon" She mumbled to herself, feeling the drowsiness hit her.

She tucked Legolas back into bed, his sleepy eyes peering up at her, watching her as she stroked the side of his head once more, a small smile on her face.

"Mamma?"

"Hmmm?'

"Can you sing me a song?" The queen's eyes widened a bit from the sudden question. She hasn't sung to anyone, not even her husband. But when she looked at his puppy dog eyes, she caved in. "Fine my little leaf. But, only this once okay?" She said, watching her son nod in response.

*Play the song/lullaby*

Once she finished singing, she exited the room, leaving the boy dreaming away. The queen started to walk back to her room when something caught her eye. Changing her course, she found herself heading towards a room. The white door was a little open, letting a line of moonlight form on the floor.

Opening the door, she found herself smiling, gazing over at the room's walls, which were decorated with mirrors. She went inside, creating footprints on the dusty floors. The room hasn't been used for some time because somehow the twins (Ollie's sisters) lost the key to the room. The only key.

The Queen, being who she was, started to pretend to dance the waltz with an imaginary partner, giggling to herself. "Just as if it was yesterday," the queen thought to herself, replaying the memory in her mind.

*Memory* (Belle's P.O.V)

I felt my heart beat fast in my chest, as I kept running. A little giggle escaped my throat, looking back to see a tired looking Prince follow slowly behind, taking a few stops to catch his breath.

"It's fascinating to see what a sword can do," I said peering down at Thranduil's beloved weapon in my hands. I "borrowed" it. I had to stop him from hurting himself. Thranduil is going to be crowned king in a couple of days. He's always sparing with the other warriors, missing out on meals and hours of valuable sleep. If he continues this path, there won't be a prince to be crowned king.

"BELLE!" I heard Thranduil growl out in frustration, making me start off again. My boots pounded against the floor passing corridor after corridor. When I thought he'd finally given up, hearing the echo of his faint footsteps come from behind, catching my breath, I started off again.