Chapter Thirty Three Part 1: The Announcement.

Belle's P.O.V

The night has gotten colder, pulling my cloak closer around my shoulders, hearing my footsteps echo in the empty hallways. As I approached the ballroom, I heard the sounds of women wailing, crying and sobbing for their injured or their dead husbands and brothers. Dawn sat there, grieving with her two twin daughters, her eyes bloodshot red as she fiddled with her wedding band. That's when I knew, her husband has not returned home.

Suddenly, the doors from the throne room opened and in came the queen, dressed in a light elegant black cloak. She walked into the centre of the room, her crown glittering from the light that was produce from the chandelier above her.

"My fellow people," her voice was strong, but some emotion was heard. "Today we have lost those dearest to our hearts. Husbands, Fathers, brothers. They have all sacrificed themselves for the kingdom and for you. They were brave warriors and have died in honour." The Queen took a deep breath before saying, "Bow our heads to remember our loves ones whose significant lives they have shared with each one of us."

The room became silent. Each widow and their children took part in this, all bowing their heads. A few sniffles were heard here and there.

Afterwards, the women slowly started to leave. I walked over to Dawn, embracing her in a hug, as she let the tears go. When she pulled back, she gave me a small smile and said, "You are a dove, could you do something for me?" she said, her voice a little croaky from crying too much. I put my hand on her shoulder and nodded.

"Could you walk Ollie home, he's sitting next to his new friend over there," She said, pointing at a window. The crescent moon gleamed its rays onto what looked like, two small sleeping bodies. As I got closer, I could see Ollie's sleeping figure leaning up against the window sill. His hair dropped in front of his eyes, his mouth a little open as he clung to his drawing book in his hand. Gently, I pried the book from his hands and looked at his new drawing- or drawings.

As I looked through, I saw the constant drawing of a young girl, probably 2-3 years younger than himself. She had slightly curly hair which came to her shoulders, eyes dark brown and a cheeky smile on her face. From what looks like in these drawings, I think a certain someone may have a little crush.

I smiled, placing the book on the floor as I gently shook his shoulders, he whined, pleading to have five more minutes. I chuckled, causing his eyes to open. Before I knew it, I was pounced onto. I laughed as his arms tightened around my neck as he mumbled, "I missed you Blue Bell." I smile as I felt him snuggle in further. As he pulled back, his mouth was wide open as he let out a big yawn.

"Come on Mister, let's get your sleepy self, home" I said. He shook his head and frowned. "Not without Julie and Julian," He demanded, pointing at the sleeping girl who he was drawing before. What I hadn't noticed was the sleeping new-born in her arms.

I looked back at Ollie. "What about her parents who are retrieving them?"

Ollie looked at the ground, a sad look upon his face as he mumbled the words. "She and her brother were one of the few remaining survivors from the mountains of the North. She told me that it was raided by a big fire-breathing beasts," he said, shivering beside me.

Feeling the guilt and sorrow from what they have suffered, I agreed to his proposal. Carefully, I scooped them both up in my arms. The little girl, Julie was clinging onto her brother as if her life depended on it.

When she began to stir when we were walking down in the village, her beautiful dark brown eyes slowly fluttered open. I looked down at her and gave her a small smile.

"Hi honey, my name is Belle. Ollie here has asked me to take care of you. Is that okay?" I asked, seeking her approval. She looked into my eyes and nodded, tears falling from her eyes. I quickly pulled her into a hug, feeling her tears dampened my dress.