Chapter Three: The Change.

Belle was sobbing away under a tree, when a tingling sort of feeling came rushing through her body. Her hands started to grow feathers, her feet forming 3 toes. She started to shrink, making the tree she was under look enormous. But the worst thing of all was the pain. It felt as if a bucket of needles were tipped over you, again and again.

Soon Belle cries of pain turned to shrieks, her mouth formed until a beck until it all stopped.

I'm an owl! Belle thought, shocked at her appearance as she looked into the water of the nearby lake. Her beady black eyes surrounded by pure white feathers cloaked with caramel feathers. She was beautiful.

As she spread her elegant wings out, she spotted the same ink design that she had on her wrist, displayed on the inside of her left wing. The mark represented the flower she picked and how that lead to her curse, her mother's death and to her father's betrayal.

She screamed in pure agony, everything that she held dear was taken from her all because of that stupid flower.

Suddenly, she heard a rustle from a nearby bush. A bear appeared, with its slick fur and strong build. She backed away as it took a step closer to her, until it charged, roaring in hunger. Belle ran as fast as her two legs could carry her, flapping her wings desperately, until she could not feel the earth under her feet no more. Belle looked down to see her feet are the air. She was flying! Belle the decided to travel even further away.

..........................................................................................................................................

The movement of her wings became slower. Exhausted and hungry, Belle needed to find shelter and fast, for the moon was going to come. After what seemed like ages, she came upon a forest, but this forest had a weird vibe coming off of it. Belle didn't care.

Finding a safe branch to perch on, she looked around. Using her sharpened new eyesight, she saw a rabbit dancing around a bush. Easy prey, Belle thought, swooping down and grasping the rabbit with her feet. But when she looked into its black eyes, she saw her mother, the worried expression on her face as her father was about to kill her. She couldn't do it. She dropped the rabbit back down, where it scurried away into hiding.

Belle searched for food until she saw an apple tree in the distance. Before she could get any further she collapsed, looking up to see the stars awake. Smiling at thought of going to be elf again, she forgot about the pain.

Belle Bit her lip, trying not to scream for she did not want to attract attention to herself. After what seemed like forever, she was her elf self again.

Belle looked down at the pure white silk dress that almost looked like it was made of diamonds. The dress's material reminded her of her bird feathers. A sliver cloak also hung over her shoulders and extends down gracefully until it touches the forest floor and around her neck was her mother necklace.

As Belle headed to the apple tree, she suddenly hid as she saw an elf on watch.

Where was she exactly? Definitely not Rivendell, for she had once travelled there with her mother when she was just an elfling.

When the guard wasn't looking in her direction, she grabbed an apple and hurried back to where she had made shelter.

While looking into the small fire that night, she felt her eyelids dropping. It wasn't long until she fell asleep.

*Dream*

Belle was walking around a garden, covered with a blanket of powdered snow. She healed the trees by singing a song her mother used to sing to her. Suddenly hands covered her eyes, preventing from her to heal the last tree.

Strangely Belle laughed, as a deep voice spoke, "Guess who?" His voice was like honey, rich and golden.

She decided to tease him by saying," Hmm, Lord Elrond?" He chuckled, moving his hands down to her hips, swinging her around to meet icy blue eyes staring into hers. "No my darling," he said with a grin.

*End of dream*

...............................................................................................................................