Chapter Forty: The Poor Criminal.

Belle's P.O.V

I scrunched up the note in anger. This has gone too far. Instead of heading to bed, I set straight for my daggers which sat on top of some folded blankets. "Someone is going to die," I growled, hanging a shawl loosely around my shoulders. Not caring to be in my nightgown, I kicked the front door open, waking Isaac.

"Huh? Belle? What are you do-Hey! Where are you going? Come bac-" the door slamming cut him off. I didn't care at all. All I could think about is harming the person who is responsible for this.

The lights kept flickering as I wandered down the hallway, ignoring my weak body's protests. I stopped as I came to the place. The dungeons.

Silently, I crept my way down, passing cell after cell, careful not to caught by the guards stationed at the entrance.

Where is that bitch? I was about to give up, when something caught my eye. Coming closer to the cell, trying to see the person through the poor lightening. But as I my vision adapted, I knew I came to the right place.

"Where is he, you snake!?" I harshly whispered, causing the bitch to stir from her sleep. She looked like something from a nightmare. Her makeup was smudged and her face covered with what looked like infected boils. Her hair and clothing were also a mess. She looked horrible.

When her yellow eyes found mine, a smirk appeared on her face as she stepped up to the cell's door. "Well what a surprise, I never thought you would be this kind to visit me, Belle." Neawilth said, her eyes scanning my attire. A chuckle escaped her throat as she questioned, "What on earth happened to you?"

"Cut the crap Neawilth, what have you done with him?!" When I said that, her eyes lit up in interest as she innocently said, "Done what with who?" I felt the anger boil up inside of me. This is taking too long.

In a flash, my dagger was at her neck, narrowing my eyes. "What have you done with Oliver, Neawilth?!" I stated, causing her eyebrows to frown in confusion. "I haven't do-"

"Where is he?!" I said louder, creating a little echo. Shoot. I watched as her mouth formed a smirk once more as she said, " I have no idea what you are speaking of. I have been locked in this damn cell this whole time."

My unoccupied hand gripped her collar of her dress, forcing her face to slam against the cell bars. "I swear, you bitch. If you done something to Ollie, I will come down and slit your throat." I warned, shoving her back.

"This has been a waste of time." I mumbled to myself as I started to walk away. That's when I heard her voice, making me stop. "I don't think so Belle. I will be out of this damn cell soon and back to my father. And when he hears of this, you'll be dead within a fortnight." She sneered.

A small smile appeared on my face as I looked back at her. "Do you think your father would take in a criminal?" Once that was said, I left the cells, not hearing another word been spoken.

........................................................................................

As my bare feet travelled through the darks of the forest, my mind began to tick. If Neawilth is not behind it, then who is? I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. No Belle, stop thinking. Just follow what the note told you to do.

I could feel my bandaged shoulder, numb with pain as I wandered down the unmarked path, not looking back. No one was going to stop me. No one.

Suddenly, I heard the distant sound of hooves, approaching closer and closer. Tightening my grip on the dagger, I slowed my pace. If someone is trying to surprise attack me, they will fail.