Chapter One: The Curse.

Once there lived an elf named Belle.

Belle was extremely beautiful elf with light blonde hair that flowed down to her hips. Her eyes were like the sea, full of green and blues. Full of hope and full of life.

She lived in the kingdom of Nerathorn where the flowers bloomed in blues and purples; where trees danced their morning songs.

Her father was the captain of the king's guard, worshiped by the people. Her mother was the prettiest maiden in the land, but sadly she was also the quietest, for she did not speak.

Each day Belle would leave the cottage, without her mother's consent, and travel into the depths of the withering forest.

"Freedom at last!" Belle shouted with relief, raising her arms towards the sky, feeling the warmth of the sun gaze down on her skin.

Belle was not your usual she elf for she strived for adventure. Belle was also very skilled in archery. She taught herself at a very young age. Her parents disapproved of this, saying a lady should learn to sew or play music and wear dazzling full length gowns. Not running around the house wearing archer gear, carrying a bow and treading dirt in the halls.

Basically they wanted her to be like her older sister, Erica who was actually the queen of the bitches. Bullying Belle and others she thought weaker than herself. Of course, her parents never knew. The Villages said nothing, for they were too scared to stand up against Belle's father.

Belle tried telling her father about this, but he would not listen saying, "Erica is the kindest and graceful person this kingdom has to offer."

Never had her father praised Belle for something she had done. She was always a disappointment. On the other hand, her mother believed Belle. Her mother, Analee, had heard of the stories that spreading around the kingdom, but couldn't tell her husband. Once, she wrote it down on a piece of parchment, showing it to him. He ripped it up, telling her that it was absolute lies.

Belle wanted to be herself, not a helpless damsel in distress. NO! She would fight until her last remaining breath, even if it was going against her father.

One day after training, she stumbled upon a hidden path. Curious, she followed the path thinking it was a shortcut back to the town's square. Big mistake.

After climbing over fallen trees, cutting back the braches, she came across a beautiful meadow filled with the most breath-taking wildflowers you could ever lay eyes on.

What Belle didn't know is that she stumbled into the forbidden part of the forest. Rumours say, when you venture into this part of forest, you will never return. Belle would always say, "what of load of gibberish". What she didn't know is that it would change her life for ever.

"What happened to Belle!? Did she die?" Legolas said with worried eyes, gripping my hand hard.

I laughed. "Of course she didn't die, that would not be a good story would it?" I said raising an eyebrow.

He shook his head vigorously. "No that wouldn't be a good story," he mumbled into his blanket.

"Should I carry on??" I asked.

Legolas nodded. "Yes please!" he whined.

"Anyway as I was saying, she stumbled across a meadow with beautiful flowers. Did I say there was a stream that headed up to an elegant waterfall?" Legolas shook his head.

"Now where was I?"

As Belle was looking around, amazed at such delicacy, though she spotted something odd. A flower. Not as shiny or fresh like the others. This flower had aged, losing some of its glow but it gained beauty of knowing, knowing that even though you may be older you still have beauty inside your soul.

She leaned forward and picked the flower, as in doing so, she felt warmth and love travel through her, a feeling she hardly knew. Belle smiled, tucking the flower behind her ear.

Suddenly a white blinding light appeared, revealing an old man with white hair and a staff with a globe of a misty ball on top. But what really stood out for Belle was the anger and pure hatred in his eyes.

"HOW DARE YOU HALF WIT ELF, COME INTO MY GARDEN AND PICK MY MOST PRIZED POSSESSION! YOU UGLY ELF!" He roared with rage. Belle's eyes widened in pure shock, taking a few steps back, away from the old man.

Belle stood there frozen. Suddenly, she realised something. The man pacing there before her was no ordinary old man. He was a wizard! He was Saruman! The white wizard!

The wizard finally looked into her eyes. "Do you realised what you have done, you have just picked the most powerful and rarest flower in middle earth. You will now be able to heal and have control of the elements. You stupid buffoon! You just had to pick the flower on the day of the life goddess!" he said angrily.

All of a sudden, he stopped his pacing and turned back to the girl, gaving her an evil grin as he put a finger under her chin. "Do you know what I will do to you? Huh? I have decided to give you a gift." Belle's face paled in fear. The way he said "gift" was not good.

He started muttering ancient words under his breath. Belle begged him to stop but he would not listen.

Suddenly pain shot through her body as she collapsed on the ground screaming, scrunching her eyes. Finally, after the pain had stopped, Belle looked up to see Saruman smirk.

"What did you t-t-too me?" she stuttered.

"I have given you a cursed life. Each night when the moon is up, you will be in your original form. But," he said, raising a finger to the girl,

"when the sun rises, you will be a creature, cursed with wings," he said laughing and began to walk away. After what seemed like a century to the girl, he turned around and said in a voice that only Belle could hear,

"The best thing about that curse is that you can tell no one about it!" With that, he raised his staff and with a blinding light, he was gone.

Belle struggled to breathe. Her hands were shaking, her eyes rained tear upon her pale cheeks while her mind was flooded with thoughts on what had just happened.

In the end, her body could not take it no more. Belle fainted from shock. Her life had suddenly changed forever.

.............................................................................................................

What do you think?

Did you enjoy it?

I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense but I am trying.

Please comment!

Vote!

Thanks,

Spypuppy;)