Chapter Eighteen: The Ball.

Belle's P.O.V

"Ouch!" I said as Dawn pinned me, again.

"Stop moving!" she ordered with a pin in her mouth. I looked over at Raina, who was sitting in a rocking chair watching us in amusement.

"Help!" I mouthed to her, she just smiled and shook her head, traitor.

"So what would you like your dress to be like?" Dawn asked, walking over to the fabrics, she grabbed a rich red silkily fabric and said, "This colour?" I shook my head furiously, no way am I going to wear a dress that colour. "How about this?" she said holding up a bright pink coloured fabric.

"No way am I wearing that!" I said looking over at the colours.

After what seemed like forever, Dawn sighed and said, "Ignore the colour for a moment, what kind of dress you want? Tight and puffy? Short and loose? Do you want to go princess or peasant?" I shook my head at everything.

Dawn huffed and sat down in a chair and sighed, "What do you want?" she said desperately. I looked at her and said, "Can't I just wear this dress?" pointing at my green dress.

"NOOOO!" Dawn and Raina said in unison. I held my hands up in surrender. Raina then stood up and grabbed a horrible orange colour and said, "What about this one?"

"No it's disgusting," I said, my nose scrunched up. She sighed, putting the piece of fabric back and muttered, "Why do I have to have the stubborn child?"

"Hey!" I said putting my hands on my hips, getting off the platform. I sat on the ground with my head between my knees and mumbled, "Can't I just not go to the ball?"

"You are going and that's final!" Raina stated, sitting back in her rocking chair again. Suddenly the door flew open and Ollie and Ella came flooding in.

Ollie was waving a piece of parchment in his hand and said, "This could be your dress. Ella described it while I drew it," giving the parchment to me. I looked down and was amazed. This dress is perfect. No puffy skirts or tight corsets. It was elegant and white.

"It perfect guys." Tears streamed out of my eyes as I engulfed them into a hug. As I pulled back, their faces were filled with glee. They looked at each other and Ella said, "We did it!" high fiving Ollie.

I walked over to Dawn and gave her the design saying, "Could you make this?" I asked, as she looked down at the design for a moment before looking up at me and said, "Of course I can."

The elflings cheered, jumping up and down chanting "We did it, we did it!"

.........................................................................................................................

Thranduil's P.O.V

I hear lots of giggling as the kingdom came into the ballroom. Women in big dresses in all colours. Men in suits of black and white. But what makes it hard is that everyone is wearing a mask. People dancing in lines, twirling as they switched partners. Little elflings dance with the elders, giggling.

I watched as a girl came up to me. She was wearing a yellow dress and a sparkly mask. She curtsied before asking, "Prince, would you like to dance?" she said moving closer, her breasts nearly popping out of her dress. I nearly gaged, I shook my head and said, "I will not dance with you, good day," and with that I walked to where the wine was.

I had about two glasses when the doors flew opened, in came a girl with the biggest pink dress I have ever seen, her mask was baby pink with hundreds of pink feathers sprouting from the top. Of course it was Neawilth, with her dress extra tight.