Chapter Twenty Six: The Loss Of A Great.

Raina's P.O.V

That girl is going to be the death of me, I thought to myself as I grabbed my cloak off the hook. I opened the front door and was hit with the early coldness of winter. I put the cloak on as I started to look for my granddaughter.

Walking around the village I began shouting, "BELLE! WHERE ARE YOU? BELLE?!" Dead silence responded to my call. I sighed as my head turned to the boundaries of the village.

I pulled my cloak closer around my body as I started walking into the entrance of the dark forest. The trees seemed to darken as I walked further. The only source of light was the full poking through the tips of the trees. Suddenly I heard the sound of leaves crinkling. I quickly turned around and only saw the path filled with a few wind dancing leaves. The air around started to turn colder. My fingers were turning pink and my lips turning slightly purple. I breathed out white mist, hearing my heat beat in my ears as I continued to go forward.

All of a sudden, I hear the rustling of hurried footsteps coming up from behind. I turned around as fast as I could. But I meet no one, but an empty path. I frowned, why I am I so paranoid?

"Belle! Are you there!?" I shouted and continued to wander through the forest. My voice echoed through the cold chilly air until I was responded by haunting deep laughter. I turned around and a ghostly dark figure crept up to where I stood.

"Hello, precious Raina," It sneered at me with its vicious sharp teeth. The demon wore a misty dark cloak with its crimson silted eyes. As it spoke it circled me like it was hovering in mid-air.

"Who a-are You?" I stuttered, my voice slightly quivering.

The demon like creature spoke. "I'm your worst nightmare!" it said. I shuddered as it raise its long cloaked arm and snapped its clawed fingers. Dark elves jumped down the tree tops with their bows loaded. Their black eyes were soulless, with no signs of life, stared straight back at me.

I turned my head back to the creature that was in-front of me. Its head was tilted a little to the side as it said, "Do not even think of running elf, for if you did, one of my men will pierce your heart with a black arrow, dipped in poison. But go ahead if you want to die a slow... but painful death." A sinister smile was plastered on its face.

"W-what do yoou want?" I asked. Suddenly, the demon kicked me to the ground. Its head came up to meet me and whispered these words slowly in my ear.

"For you to scream!"

Without warning, I heard an arrow fire. Suddenly pain crashed into the side of my leg. I bit down on my lip hard, feeling blood pour within my mouth as I muffled a scream. I heard the creature mumbled "tough one, huh?" it stated bending down to my fresh wound.

The demon gently grasps the arrow. I hissed in pain as that son of a bitch twirled it around playfully. Before violently ripping the arrow. I screamed out in pure agony, my eyes streaming as I looked up to see golden eyed creature smirking with joy, holding an arrow stained with my blood.

What do you want?!" I hissed at it, my head starting to spin form the loss of blood.

Its reptile bright golden eyes looked directly at me as it said "For a certain granddaughter to watch her beloved grandmother be killed right in front of her," smiling wickedly before laughing loudly at my widened eyes.

...............................................................................................................................

Belle's P.O.V

"I'm home!" I shouted as I walked through the front door. I needed to apologies to Raina before the sunrises, for I am feeling guilty for how I acted. After everything she has done for me, giving me a place to stay, inviting me into her family and the best of all is inviting me into her heart.