Chapter Nineteen: The Willow.

Thranduil's P.O.V

I almost died as my mother told me I had to dance with Neawilth at least once this evening. I saw Neawilth skip from the east corridor. Her face, freshly covered with a new layer of makeup. She didn't bother to put her mask back on. Most of the men surrounding her were eyeing her in lust.

I grabbed the nearest glass of wine from the serving servant. I quickly brought the glass to my lips, feeling the alcohol burn my throat as I emptied the glass. I sighed, gently putting the glass on the table and walked over to the spoil brat.

As Neawilth's eyes meet my moving figure she ginned, twirling a piece of hair around her finger, seductively. I approached as soon as possible, wanting to get this over with, but I wish I hadn't. Neawilth grin grew wider, showing off her pearly white teeth.

"Oh Thranduil, what have I done to have your presence at this hour?" she purred, putting her hands against my chest, grabbing my collar, pulling me closer.

I cleared my throat, putting my hands on her shoulders, pushing her away from me. She pouted, her yellow eyes looking into mine.

"You are no fun," she said patting my chest with her hand.

I quickly grabbed her hand and forced the words, "Would you like to dance with me, Neawilth?" showing no emotion.

Neawilth squealed, hurting my ears and said, "Of course I will dance with you!" grabbing my hand and pulling me onto the dance floor. The music suddenly changes into a slow tune. I cursed under my breath, regretting my timing. I felt Neawilth hands go around my neck and I put my hands on her waist.

We danced in silence, Neawilth constantly trying to bring me closer, but I held her at a distance. I broke the awkward silence by saying, "Neawilth, how do you like the kingdom so far?" She looked up at me with a weird look, her eyebrows scrunched and her eyes held a bored expression. She sighed and said in her annoying voice,

"I think the kingdom is okay, but we need to change parts of it. For example, the villagers need to be more respectable around their royalty. They are like miss behaved children who needs a good wiping."

I frowned, not liking what I am hearing, 'the villagers need to be more respectable'. What does she expect? The kingdom is her puppets, and she's controlling the strings? I hope not.

She looked up at me, waiting for a reply but there was none. She laid her head on my shoulder, making my finch.

I heard people's conversations around the hall. Some were complaining about their future queen, others talking about their jobs. Some of the men were betting on what women they would bed with, making me gag. Women are not toys! They are beings. They should be treated with the respect they deserve.

Suddenly the room was filled with muttered talking. Neawilth's head lifted off my shoulder to look at something on her right. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Neawilth smirk as she tightened the grip around my neck. Neawilth came up and whispered in my ear, "Let's get out of her-" but someone knocked us and she lost her balance, falling on the floor.

The music must have stopped because I heard the faint sound of crying. Looking around I saw people staring at the main door. I pushed through the crowd to get a better look.

"Belle come back!" Raina shouted. I looked to see the doors being pushed opened by a girl with blonde hair and a beautiful dress that hugged her figure perfectly.

The doors slammed shut with a loud bang. The room was silent, no one dared to speak. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, looking down to see Neawilth with an accomplish smile plastered on her face.