Chapter Fifteen: The Royal Pain In The Arse.

Thranduil's P.O.V

 A knock came from the door. I sighed, hitting my head back against the pillow, wiping the sweat of my brow, as I mumbled a "Come in."

The door opened to reveal Zanena my maid, carrying a tray full of food. Followed by her was my Mother, still dressed in her night gown as she sat on the side of the bed.

"It's time son, she'll be arriving soon," my mother said looking down, grabbing my hand and squeezing it a little. I put my hand over her delicate one. "I don't want to marry her, mom. I want to explore, see new lands and fall in love. Not sit around on a throne all day, having to put up with that Brat!" I grumbled.

She sighed, "I know sweetie, but sometimes we hav-" But I cut her off. "Don't you dare say it's good for this kingdom. You know it's not! I want to have my say; I want to have a choic-" but she cut me off.

"Do you think I had a choice into marrying Orpoher, your father? No! But everyone has to make sacrifices every once in a while. I was forced out of my home and picked out of 30 women to be Orpoher's wife! Do you think I wanted that at the time? I wanted to be a healer, help people. Not being told how to act a certain way, where to be, when to be. No but I don't regret it though, for Orpoher gave me something no one else could.

"You," she said looking into my eyes and cupping my face.

"We have to sacrifice at least once in our lifetime, it's time for you to do the same."

.................................................................................................................................

I was pacing back and forth as my parents sat in the throne chairs. The guards announced her arrival 3 minutes ago. I'm going to die!

The wooden doors with a big bang followed by a loud squeal, "Thranduil!" which hurt my ears. There stood the nightmare of all horror stories, the champion of ruining lives, Neawilth.

I'm dead!

......................................................................................................................................

Belle's P.O.V

I'm bored! Raina left an hour ago and I have nothing to do since I'm in bird form. What do birds do all day? Fly, sleep, eat and poo? I can't wait for the moon to come. Only problem is that its 12:00! I planned tonight that I am going to make a bow, maybe a bit of practice if I finish it.

I decided to head back to my room, gliding out of the kitchen and down the shadow hallway. As I came across the door that is now my bedroom next to it, I saw what looked like a carved floor on the door with very faded letters printed on the door. I could make out the letters 'A..a.ee" what does it mean? Was this my mother's room? I mean the letters fit her name. Yes of course, this must have been Analee's room.

Landing on the cold wooden floor, I leaned up against the door, applying weight until the door opened. I was bombarded by dust, the room was dark, shadows splatted across the walls. Using the wind, I was able to pull back the curtains. Blinding light entered the room. As I glanced around the room I noticed dark blue walls boarded with white edges, a small bed which laid in the corner with old grey patterned design covers. Continuing to look around, I saw a small doll's house with two tiny wooden people. They were both chewed on a bit, bite marks on the face, arms and mostly on the feet.

Moving on, I saw an old scruffy book, on the bedside table, ribbons of blues and white hung in-between the pages. Curious I jumped on the bed, hearing the squeaks of the old springs.

As I got closer to the book, I could make out the words 'Creatures of the forest' printed neatly on the brown cover. Using the wind, the cover page flipped over and on the front had an elf evolving from leaves, patting a doe. In the middle of the page it had the words "This book belongs to Analee Azalea". Her name was messy and uneven that went down the side of the page a bit. I smiled, thinking of my mother being a little elfling is impossible because every time I do, I picture myself. I know it sounds weird and creepy, but I do.