Chapter Twenty Nine: The Newcomers.

Wayland's P.O.V

I felt my heart mend in places I didn't know could be fixable. Holding this miracle in my arms, holding this dear child made me nearly complete again. She let go gently, watching me as I continued to weep. I wiped my stray tears with my arm as I apologized to her for my sudden approach.

She gave me a small smile, my heart seemed to stop. Her smile was like Raina's smile, but her eyes had the mischievousness of Analee. I must have been staring at her for a while for she held a slight uncomfortable look.

I shook my head, fiddling my fingers through my hair as I said, "I'm sorry, you just remind me so much of your mother and Grandmother. By the way my name is Wayland." I stretched out my hand to her, which gladly took. When she let go, I thought of an idea.

"Hey, why don't you come back with me to my shop for some coca? You could meet Isaac, he's probably around your age; I bet you are pretty lonely now. I promise we won't bite," I said with puppy dog eyes. She laughed and nodded.

I stretched out my arm to her, she seemed to freeze for a minute before grabbing my arm. I lead her through the village, pointing out stuff here and there. We carried on until we came upon the small barn I liked to call 'home'.

The barn is split in half, on the right side it's my shop and the other section is for my peace and quiet. Although the roof needed patching and the front door need replacing, the wood was old and damp and needed a new door handle. The roof comes out at the front, creating a small shelter area.

I usually opened the window on the left side of the house. It was my favourite view, for when I looked high up, in the tall oak was the bakery. Oh the sweet aromas of freshly baked goods made my mouth water. Raina always left her kitchen window open, it was sort of a tradition after we weren't allowed to see each other. Raina was locked up inside the house, not allowed to set one foot outside until her parents find her a 'suitable' husband.

First few days were very lonesome and filled with misery. But one night, while I was watching Raina try to stay awake reading a book her mother gave to her, an idea came to mind. I made a pulley which was connected to both houses, by pulling the rope towards me, I was able to send notes to her, and her to me. It was perfect. One day I made her a bracelet, forged with silver and my best craftsmanship

I tied it to the rope with a letter and a lily, her favourite flower. The ring was a simple leaf which wrapped around your finger like ivy. It reminded me of her because she is like a leaf, short and sweet. But wraps around your finger...like she did to my heart.

She looked at the lily and gasped. Raina gave me a loving grin, but stopped when she saw the letter. She gently untied the ribbon to read it, when the ring fell out. I remembered myself groan in embarrassment for she was supposed to read the letter before seeing the ring. I recalled her face as she slowly picked up the ring, her mouth was covered by one of her hands in shock. But before she could do anything else, her elbow accidentally knocked the vase of pansy; creating a horrifying smash of broken pottery against the wooden floors.

I remembered her father storming through her kitchen, his face filled with frustration and anger as he saw the letter. He stormed his way over to her and ripped the letter from her grasp. He started to yell at her, his face pure red as Raina explained the letter to him. Her eyes filled with tears as she reached for it, but her father wouldn't have it. With a swoosh of his hand, he sent Raina to the ground, she letting out a deafening cry.

Her father then came to the window and glared straight at me with pure hatred. Taking a dagger from his belt, he reached outside and cut the ropes, I watched as my hands turned into fists as he then scrunched up the letter and destroyed the flower before throwing them out the window. But before I move an inch, the dagger went through the air before it jabbed itself into the windowsill, barley missing my face.