Lyre-Less Battle (Beans Day Special Bonus Event) Pt. 1

Ah, a blast from the past! Beans Day, the first of many special events that kicked off TWST.

Now you're probably asking: WHY are we going back to this? Well, the answer, being: I'm not too sure myself, save for the fact that we've got bonus material and more BTS.

What happened to the dorms the day BEFORE the actual event?

Anything happened behind the scenes while Charlie was out kickin ass?

Let's read on and see~!

Part 3: Fight Through
——————————

Footsteps thudded against the dust and earth. Not too far behind was another pair of feet, barreling towards the first pair. It was Floyd chasing after Jamil.

"Ehehe~ I'll tell you one thing: I may not be interested in the harp, and I don't give a damn who's winning this fight. And I especially don't give a shit about the rules, so let's have fun til one of us drops dead~!" Floyd cackled as he nearly caught Jamil, the latter of which had dodged by the skin on his teeth.

"...Gh! How'd I end up being the one tailed??" Jamil mutters to himself, keeping a sharp eye over his shoulder to watch for Floyd's movements.

"Run for your life~! Bwahahahahaha!!!!"
——————————

-the day before-

Once the lunch hour had hit, and all the students had gone to the cafeteria, the teachers and faculty gathered in the headmaster's office to discuss the upcoming event.

Trein sighed as he hands over a list on a clipboard, "Vargas, here's the group list for the Beans Day event from a few of the second and third year classes."

"Thanks for that, Trein!" Vargas nods and adds the list to his own clipboard. He skims over the list of who was on which team and smirked, "I see! Well, this should be interesting..."

"Let me see." Crowley looks from the side and reads over the list as well. "Ah, they're some on different teams this time around."

"From what I gathered from the other classes, the farmers have the obvious advantage in this battle." Vargas comments. "But I guess things have shifted!"

"Well, who knows which team will come out victorious? Tomorrow will be a spectacle!"

Trein rubbed the bridge of his nose in annoyance, seeing the headmaster and coach squeal like obsessed fans. "Ugh, This is such nonsense. You've turned something traditional into a pointless dog eat dog fight....and you call this school 'prestigious'....As if. And it proves this further when the faculty doesn't take this seriously, either. What nonesuch..."

Crowley snaps out of it when he felt Trein's icy glare hit him more than Vargas. "Ahem! That's NOT true in the slightest. This matter is being taken VERY seriously! Right, Vargas?"

Vargas caught on fast and coughed into his hand, looking away from Trein's judging gaze and nods, "T-That's correct. These students are able to grow more muscle when fighting one another!"

"But if anything, it's that your mindset's very old school, Trein." A new voice interrupted. All eyes look back to see a familiar black and white coat swinging from the shoulders of a certain teacher.

Trein's eyes narrowed even further upon Crewel's arrival. "What was that?"

"The event each year's changed as the new generations come and go. Why should we bother with the same old thing with traditional standards?" Crewel chuckled. "Maybe that's why you're stuck in the past~?..."

Trein felt his hand clench in frustration and anger, but he held himself back from lashing out at the young teacher. He growled between clenched teeth, " 'Change'? Don't make me laugh. Need I remind you that YOU were the one who started this mess in the first place? What became tradition is now a blood bath because of YOUR recklessness. I still visibly remember what you did when you were but a meager student here, Crewel."