1.7 - Trials of Magic Awry

~previously~

"I'm a...a Seer?"
.....
"You're what is known as a Lyastra, a woman that harbors the powers of a seer and spell Master"
....
"How could you do something like this?!
....
"Fuck you! And fuck the rules!"
....
"Then how do you feel about applying for a decisive match with Rosehearts to take his place as dorm leader?"
————————————
" 'Your Majesty' indeed. Why you're not even a queen at all! You're nothing but a pompous, short-tempered tyrant!" Alice declares.

The Queen laughs, "What was that you just said?"

The Cheshire Cat appeared floating above the queen's head, repeating, "She said you're a pompous, bad-tempered tyrant!"

"Off with her head!" She screamed. The card soldiers leapt at Alice in a wave.

"You heard what her Majesty said! Off with her head!" The King repeated.

"Why couldn't anyone stop her...?"
———————————
Charlie walked out of the bathroom, straightening out her magically-changed clothes. Today was the match day, and she had to look her best while cheering Ace and Deuce on. And what better to wear than the Heartslabyul Get up Cater supplied her with?

"Oh, you're already up!" Grim smiled.

"Yea, might as well look kick ass since that's were gonna do!" She smiled, tapping her bandana for luck.

"Today's the day! Lets move!" Ace waves for her and Charlie does, grabbing her bag on the way out.

As soon as she stepped out of her room, she stopped, feeling the head pain jab at her skull and saw....

The ink Puddle from before, but now...it had gotten bigger...

The vision stopped as fast as it began. She shook her head, and tried to catch up with Ace.
——————————
Outside the clearing of the Rose Maze, a crowd of Heartslabyul students watched from the side lines as the two sides prepped for the fight.

"Hey, did ya hear? Two guys are challenging Rosehearts to a decisive match!" One student whispered.

"To 'that' dorm leader? I'll believe it when I see it! They'll lose their heads in five seconds!" The second scoffed.

"This is the first challenge since Riddle became lead! Let's see how it goes!" The third watched with glee.

On the other side of the semi-circle, Charlie stands with Trey and Cater, Grim cradled in her arms, waiting for the fight to start.

"Ace and Deuce are seriously going to fight Riddle for the top spot?! Are they crazy?!" Cater asks in disbelief.

"I tried to stop them..." Trey sighs

"That's pretty reckless... hopefully it doesn't cause more mayhem!" Cater bites his lip in nervousness.

"As long as they don't throw anything physical into the mix, it should be okay.." Charlie answers.

'What was that vision I had...?'
———————————
"The match for the title of Heartslabyul Dorm Leader will now begin!" Crowley raises his hands for attention. He motions to the right, "The Challengers: Ace Trappola and Deuce Spade!" To the left, "Defending his title is the current leader: Riddle Rosehearts!" He walks to the center. "In accordance with the rules of the decisive match, please remove the magic sealing collar handicap."

In a snap, the collars were off.

"Oh my god!" Ace sighed. "That stupid collar's off!"

"Don't fret! You'll have it back on soon enough! Savor your freedom while you can!" Riddle grins smugly. "You know, it was hard to believe when I heard you wanted to challenge me. You sure you wish to go through this?"