3.3 - Mission Impossible

~previously~
"The one we are speaking to is not the anemones but rather, her. Charlotte Luchessi of the Ramshackle Dorm."
.....
"If you come back with the photo from the museum by the time sun sets on the third day from now, the 225 will be set free. However, should you fail...The Ramshackle dorm belongs to me, and you, Lotte, will join the others in servitude."
.....
"Besides, it's kinda our fault that Charlie got into this mess in the first place. I couldn't forgive myself if she suddenly caught a cold or something horrible from staying outside too long."
....
"Even though I said I'd have your back dealing with Azul, I couldn't do a single thing to help you. Not to mention, we owe you for what happened at Magift, so it's likely Leona can't refuse."
——————————
Darkness was all I had seen.

"Come in, my child! You're here because you have fallen for a human?" Ariel swam through the dark cave.

"Here's the deal: I will give you a potion that will turn you into a human for three days. And you've got to get dear old princey to fall in love with you." Ursula produced the golden contract with her henchman smiling in the background.

"Of course we haven't discussed the subject of payment! You can't get something for nothing, you know. What I want from you is: your voice." Without hesitation, Ariel signed the contract.

Take a gulp, and take a breath and
Go ahead and sign the scroll!
Flotsam, Jetsam: now I've got her, boys!
The boss is in a roll!
This poor unfortunate soul!

"I feel like I made a deal even in my dreams...." I shook my head. Somewhere in my mind, I heard:

'The mermaid princess became her "guest"
and the Sea Witch had one last conquest...'

—————————
Charlie's eyes clenched shut as the first rays of sunshine filtering through the terrace and hit her eyelids. Grim was snoring ever so snuggly on her stomach.

"Rise and Shine! Time to get up, Leona! You two, Grim and Charlie!" Ruggie jumped through the doorway, alerting the two awake.

"Hmm? But it's too early..." Grim whined.

"Savanaclaws take up morning training for Magift. And since you're here for the time being, that means you gotta get into it as well!"

"Morning training?" Grim repeated, still pretty sluggish.

"We started after the games."

".....ngh.....will ya shut up?...." Leona yawned, rolling over. But Ruggie was persistent.

"Leona, get up! Don't even think about going back to sleep!" The second year started tugging at the third year's legs with vigor.

Grim just stood there, watching the exchange as Charlie grabbed her toothbrush, face wash, deodorant and hairbrush. Before leaving for the bathroom, she looked back to see Leona struggling to get outta bed.

"So he doesn't wake up unless something impudent happens..." she murmured, letting the information sink in, then vanished.
———————-
Three days left until the contract ends....
———————-