The Thanksgiving Special

Another Holiday special coming atcha!

Happy Thanksgiving!
—————————————

The day seemed to drone on as Trein gave the lecture in that usual monotonous voice of his, with the occasion strangled meow from Lucius.

Most, if not all, students were about to pass out of boredom. Ace has his head down, a small puddle of drool forming on his notebook, Deuce scribbling furiously, and Grim catching much needed z's. But Charlie was different.

Her head wasn't in the lecture nor focused on it either, for once in her life. She was too busy thinking about other things to be dedicated to her work, which would definitely freaked her out if she found out about that she was slacking off. But she stayed that way.

'I wonder how Shawn and Elaine are back home...they're probably worried sick about me....here, it'll be my first thanksgiving without them....'

The shriek of the bell snapped her from her train of thoughts, and she stared at the clock to see it was time to move to the next class.

"Fgnna!" Grim woke up in a fright. "What happened?!"

"Class is over. We've got PE now." Deuce answered, and taking his things he helped Charlie up.

"Hey, uh, Ace is still asleep. Should we take him up?" She asked.

"The good side of me is saying yes...but he's got his own problems." Deuce muttered as Treins stood slowly from his desk and approached the already waking up ginger.

"We should run."

"Yea, I like that idea."
———————————

"Can't believe you left me to suffer in the classroom!!" Ace scowled as he and Deuce ran side by side around the track.

"Not my fault you're sleeping away like it's your nap time." Deuce remarked.

"You could've at least helped me! That was out of line on his part! Right, Charlie?!" Ace expected to hear the female come to his defense, but got no response back. "Charlie?" He looked behind him to see the female jogging slowly, her head down and eyes full of sadness.

"Huh?" He stopped running and stared at the melancholic girl in confusion.

"She's been like this since the week began..." Grim crosses his arms. "What's eatin her?"

"Not sure...." Deuce muttered, and stood in front of Charlie, making the girl bump into him.

"Oh! Sorry, Deuce. Guess I wasn't watching where I was going." She giggles politely and moved out of his way, the sad look in her eyes returning.

The three stared at her as she walked ahead of them, confusion written on all of their faces.

"What was that?"

"Dunno...."
———————————

Charlie pushed around her mashed potatoes with her fork. She didn't feel very hungry even though her stomach was begging her to eat something.

She looked all around the area seeing everyone was busy with their own cliques. But she had her eyes on her phone.

She scrolled through her camera roll and looked back on all the pictures that were taken last year on Thanksgiving. She remembered it clear as day.

It was a bit rainy that day, but it didn't deter the family in the slightest. She and Elaine helped out their mom and Aunt Sam in the kitchen, getting the feast prepared while Shawn and her dad prepped the table. The guests were coming in a few hours and most of the food was about done. Stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, mashed potatoes and butter, and of course: the turkey. Aunt Sam also threw in some of her famous cherry tartlet with pumpkin pie, and when her grandpa Lucio and grandma Josephine arrived, they bright Josephine's famous flourless chocolate cake with Nutella filling. There was also cousin Gabrielle's Mozarella Sticks from her bistro, baby corn and hash salad from uncle Alonso and who could forget the twins: Guido and Bianca's hot cocoa milkshakes and Spinach casserole?