5.4 - His Proposition

-previously-

"We shall be watching you perform the given piece. And shall be judging you based on the lyrics as well as your dancing. We'll be calling up three people at a time. Please come inside once your names are called."
.......
"I've seen others try and step out of boundaries with their own ideas. And I can firmly assure you: that does NOT end well."
......
"...the people rise up every day to prove to their oppressors and the government that they will never be silenced! And that includes me! I will keep fighting for my beliefs despite being alone in this crazy world! I may be alone, but I'm stronger than people like you think me to be!"
——————————
-The following day-

Me and the guys were walking down the hall. I thought back to yesterday and when Kalim dragged me over for food at Scarabia. Deuce and the others followed to make sure I was okay, after what happened at Pomefiore, and my little breakdown. I assured them that I was over it, but the other part of me argued that it was far from over. If the headmaster found out about Me and Vil's fallout, there'll be hell to pay. And I've already got more on my plate than I can handle...but as long as I don't have to see that narcissistic ass's face for a while, then I should be okay.

"Ugh, can't believe I got a homework increase from Trein when he caught me napping..." Ace whined.

"He must be putting us under a hypnosis spell just to put more work on our backs..." Grim muttered.

"Actaully, Rubber bands help me. When I start to feel myself doze off, I just snap it against my wrist." Deuce offered.

"Yea, no, that just says you're being a bit of a masochist..." I frowned.

"Yea, why even go that far?" Ace shot his comrade a weird look. "Anyway, isn't today when the chosen people are called for the VDC?"

"It'll be the lunch break soon, and no word..." Grim looks at the clock.

"If it's mellow as of now, maybe we weren't chosen?" Deuce inputs.

"Outright rejected....much like me..." I frowned, feeling sadness rise up. But I felt Deuce squeeze my shoulder as a comforting gesture.

"Hey, whether or not you were chosen, you're still an awesome dancer in our eyes." he assured. I felt a small smile creep up on my face.

"Thanks..." I reply. But then-

Sheeeeew-Fwip!

"UWAAAAAH!"

"JESUS!!!!"

"What the-what the hell was that?!"

"I felt it graze my nose!!!"

I tried to get myself back up as the idiot braincells tried to recover from the near heart-attacks. I looked around till I spotted something peculiar.

"It's that arrow! In the wall!" I pointed at the pierced wall and clambored to it.

"Huh?! An arrow?! Is someone tryna kill us?!" Grim shook.

"No way! There can't be an assassin!...hold on. There's a paper with it!" Ace moved forward.

"Read it! And then let's find the perp!" Deuce balled his hands angrily. I didn't hesitate to whack the back of his head. He recoiled in pain, choking back a yelp.