Wish Upon a Star pt. 2

Part 2: The Race against Time
———————————
After three excruciating days, between balancing classes and practice and reaching the goal, it was a slew of work on both Charlotte and Deuce's shoulders. There were times when one felt like forfeiting to the deal, but the other was there to get them back on their feet before anymore doubt was planted in their heart. Heck, Charlie wasn't even sure the mystery Bottle of Wishes would help her in the slightest, and she was having secret doubts about the object, and tossing it when the time was right.

But lo and behold, something was going to change her mind, few days before the event.

After forcing herself to practice twice as much on her song, to Crowley's *cough* demands *cough*, Charlie was worried she might strain her vocal cords before the night. So, she cut her practice time in half to let herself rest. No way was she gonna let Crowley ruin her voice!

She got a message from Ortho saying for her to meet them by the tree ASAP. And didn't hesitate to grab her things and run out the door.

By the time she and Grim made it there, the one thing they were met with was...

A big-ass pile of wishing stars.

Charlie felt a surprised smile takeover her lips as she joined the others.

"D-Deuce...what did you....?!"

"Like I said: I took up my part of the deal and surpassed the goal!" Deuce stood by the pile with a triumphant smile.

"That's right! The set number of both you, Nii-San, and Deuce, the quota, was 150 each!" Ortho reminded, replaying the recording of the deal days ago. "It's over 300!"

Charlie felt her heart beat speed up, and carefully eyes the bottle in her bag, sitting atop of her jacket like a jewel. Maybe this wasn't a prank....'Color me shook...'

"Hold on! You actually go that many in just three days?! B-But how?!" Idia was flabbergasted that a first year bested him. "That's not funny! You'd actually go to extreme measures, just to get me outside, and lie about this-"

"It's not a lie! Count em!" Deuce nods, standing his ground.

"He's right. I just finished counting them. 300 exact." Trey came around pile.

"Whoa....that's awesome, Deuce! How's you manage to get that many in a short span of time?" Ortho gawked.

"I used any free time given to me, and systematically had gone through any students. But a lot of weren't that into it, so I had a bit of a setback.....but the , something odd overtook me." Deuce recounts. "It's like....something wishful just came over me, and...a voice said to me I shouldn't give up!"

Charlie tensed a bit, hoping she wouldn't get caught. But thankfully, Deuce's slight density tracked off her tail, and she was safe.

"So as a stargazer, I worked my butt off for the sake of tonight!" Deuce finished. "Now, you pay up your part of the deal, Shroud-senpai!"

"Uh...a-about that...." Idia fumbled for a correct response. "I'm sure you said something about completing the dance as well as gathering the starts! S-So technically speaking, there's still that part to complete! And until then, I'm not going anywhere!"

"Uh, Idia...you weren't paying attention ONCE during the practice runs."

"Eh?"

"Deuce's dancing has improved a lot more than the last. Parts of it are perfect." Trey said.

"Oh....I see..." Idia mumbled. 'I didn't think he'd actually take the commitment to heart....Why's Deuce-shi even taking this so seriously? Yet...Ortho's having the time of his life...guess I've no choice.....'