3.5 - Underwater Mission

After consuming the rotten potion once more, we made it to the Coral Sea and my clothes had changed into my swimsuit. Deuce never bothered asking me.

'The deeper you go takes several tries...'

Looks like that riddle wasn't as useless as I believed.

"No! It's closed!"

"Well...there goes that...." Jack muttered.

"We havent been attacked the Leeches at all, though. Were they aware of this?" Deuce pondered.

"Yea, I thought something was off. Let's just leave..." Ace sighed.

"So, you're saying we should run with our tails between legs after coming all the way here?" Jack growled.

"... no, wait! I've got a plan."

This should be interesting.

——————————

We were closer to the sidelines near the museum wall to put Ace's plan to action.

"Ffgna! In this world, there's even merfolk that are security guards!"

"Grim, why must you state the obvious?" Deuce rolled his eyes.

"Okay. I'll distract the mer-guards, you guys sneak through the back and grab that photo." Ace swam closer to the corner, ready for action.

"You sure you're okay going solo?"

"Jack, you're too honest for your own good. Deuce would just flub up halfway through. Leave it to me!" Ace smiles, ignoring the offensive look Deuce shot him.

He turned the corner, nearing the guards and then-

"Wwhaaaat? Seriously?!"

This caught one guard's attention. "Hm? Can I help you?"

"The museum's closed for the day? Dang, I was hoping I could look for the day...." Ace feigned defeat.

"Well, this is strange....you've no tail. You're a human from the surface? And came here alone?"

"Yea! I've been interested in the world of merfolk since I was a kid. I was saving up some of my allowance and bought a potion to finally travel here!..."

We continued to watch Ace blabber away, mildly impressed.

"Wow. This guy's got no problem keeping up his lie...." Grim stared.

"Now! While they're distracted. Let's sneak in!" Deuce waved to us and we followed.

—————————

"So this is the place Azul told us

"So this is the place Azul told us..." Jack nodded. We started looking along the walls for the picture.

" 'Photo commemorating the visit by imperial musician Horatio the 12th'..... 'the fourth princess'.....theres a lot on display....I guess they really wouldn't notice if one went missing...."