3.6 - The Tide Turns

A Bright light enveloped the area as Jack and Charlie shielded their eyes.

"What's that light?" He asked as soon as it was gone.

"Hm? Whoa, Deuce! The anemone on your head's gone!" Ace gaped.

Deuce frantically touched the top of his head. "Huh?! You're right!"

"Same for me and Ace!" Grim smiled.

Charlie cheered, "WooHoo! I knew they could do it!"

The twins stopped at her words. "What did you say?" "Whatcha mean by that, Koebi-Chan?"

Grim smirked in retaliation. "We made a bargain with Leona to get him to help us out with our little scheme!"

"Whaaa~? That bum's always lazing around! Sleeping just like a sea lion! Like he'd help you!" Floyd snorted.

"As a dorm leader, he'd never think about backstabbing Azul. How exactly did you convince him to help?" Jade raised an eyebrow.

"Simple, really. We told him that we'd be outta his hair by the final day if he cooperated with me and getting the Ramshackle Dorm back to who it really belongs to. Or else we'd keep him up every night as long as we were here!" Charlie put it.

"And to prove that, we gave an example of how loud we were last night! And cause of that, We stayed up all night screaming our heads off. And didn't sleep a second..." Grim yawned as proof.

Charlie snickered remembering last night. At one point, she remembered singing, "It's a Small World" and Leona looked about ready to murder her. If she wasn't born a female.

"So that explains why his throat was as rough as sandpaper." Deuce nods.

Floyd looked skeptically at the female. "Isn't that more of a threat than a deal?"

Jack cracked his knuckles. "An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth." He recited.

Charlie shrugged, "Besides, I've stayed up late before. Nothing unusual. Note to self: never stay up until 4am on the disco channel after drinking RedBull, that shit can mess you up!"

"Now's about time for some payback! I've got my wind spells back!" Ace grabbed his pen.

"Come forth, cauldron!" The clatter of a familiar object sounded. And Deuce smiled, "Yes! I knew it!"

"Fggya! I'm the one who can't be sure since we're still underwater!" Grim frowned.

Ace brushed it off. "Nah, s'okay. We're better off without your flimsy lil flame."

Jade whispered, "Let's get back Floyd. The anemones disappearing can only mean one thing...."

"Yea, you're right...." His twin agreed.  It before they could move,

"Hold it right there, you! We're just getting started!" Deuce points.

Ace followed, "Yea, you ain't going nowhere! Why dont'cha play some more, chickens?"

Floyd suddenly grew angered and said in a low voice, "These little brats...you won't fare long..."

"Floyd, there's no time! Ugh, so be it."

Then they launched into their fight.

Charlie, however, grasped the stone tightly. She looked around the area, noticing that this may be her chance. Looking down at the object in her hand, she smiled.