Nothing Can Hurt Us

Derek's P.O.V

I heard the words come out of her mouth, but I just couldn't believe it. My smile faded and I just couldn't help but look at her.

"You're pregnant?" I asked as she nodded.

"Yes."

"What, how could you be pregnant?" I asked, not understanding how this could of happen.

She shrugged, tears starting to form in her eyes "I don't know, I'm sorry."

I looked at her with a look of disbelief "Why are you sorry?"

"Because, I just ruined your life!" Bethany exclaimed as she crossed her arms.

I sighed and pulled her into a hug. We both didn't say anything for a couple of minutes. We just stood there holding each other.

"You didn't ruin my life." I mumbled.

She looked up "What did you say?"

"I said you didn't ruin my life, if anything I ruined yours."

She looked at me like I was crazy "What, no! I ruined yours, you are a huge celebrity who just started on Broadway!"

"But you're only 19, you still got your whole life ahead of you!" I reminded her.

"That isn't fair Derek.............none of this is." Bethany whispered to herself.

I pulled her over to the couch and we both sat down.

"Just tell me you don't want this baby and I'll take care of it. You won't ever have to see me again!" She stated, looking down.

I quickly turned my head towards her "Why the hell would I do that?"

She squeezed my hand and looked up at me, tears falling down her face "You're not at the point where you want nothing to do with this baby."

"Babe, I'll be honest I'm a little upset. I'm upset at myself though, for not being more careful."

She stopped me "Derek, it's not just your fault. It takes two to tango."

I nodded, understanding where she was coming from "Yes, but I want this baby."

"You do?"

"I want to have this baby with you, I don't care how much hate we get from it! As long as we have this baby and each other, nothing can hurt us!" I explained.

Bethany wiped away a tear "Are you sure?"

I smiled and pulled her in for a hug "Absolutely!"

"So where doing this?" She asked, still not sure about the situation.

"We're doing this." I replied and kiss the top of her head.

She sniffled and laughed a little "I'm sorry for bumming you out before you performed, but Sadie told me I should tell you now!"

"You told Sadie before you told me?"

"We'll actually, I told Sadie and Witney actually told me I was pregnant." She confessed.

My smiled on my face fell "Really?"

"Yes, but I was scared! I didn't know what to do or who to talk to!!" She said in defense "Don't be mad."

"I'm not, I'm relieved. I few less people we have to tell the better." I stated.

"How are we going to tell our family's Derek? I can't even imagine what their going to say when they find out!" She confessed.