I'm Not Good At Goodbyes

Bethany's P.O.V

It was the day that Derek had to leave for New York. I was sad that Derek had to leave for a couple of months but I knew this was for the best. He was going to be amazing and I was going to visit anytime I could.

Julianne and I were both at the airport. We were sitting down and waiting for his flight to take off. I had my head rested on his shoulder with his hand intwined with mine.

"I really wish you can come with me." Derek stated.

I looked up at him and smiled "I know I wish I could too, but I have work also."

"When do you get to interview the president B?" Julianne, who was sitting on the other side of Derek, asked.

I shrugged "Sometime next week."

"That's really amazing, they chose three Youtubers to interview the president." Julianne exclaimed, smiling really big.

I smiled as well and started to play with Derek's fingers "I know, what do you guys think I should ask him?"

"Ask him if he watches Dancing With The Stars?" She suggested.

I gave out a small laugh "Wow, I should of known you were going to say that Jules."

She laughed as well and went back to reading her magazine.

I looked back up Derek "What do you think I should ask him?"

Derek was silent for a moment "Ask him if he would be in one of your vlogs."

I scoffed a little "That's impossible babe, he would never agree to do that!"

He looked down at me and smiled "You never know if you don't try."

I smiled and placed my hand on the back of his neck and pulled him in, placing my lips on his.

"Flight to New York is now boarding!"

I pulled away and groaned a little.

He gave a small smile and placed his forehead on my "I gotta go."

I looked into his beautiful blue eyes "I know."

The three of us got up and walked Derek over to his gate. I held his hand tight the whole say there. The longer I can be able to feel his touch, the better. When we got to his gate and let go of my hand and went over and hugged Julianne.

"Have a safe flight!" She smiled and gave him a big hug.

I crossed my arms, smiling. Watching the two blonde siblings.

"I will, I'll see you in a couple of months babe." He pulled away and kissed her cheek "Love you."

"Love you too." She smiled and patted him on the shoulder.

He then turned to me, he didn't know what to say and truthfully neither did I.

I leaned up and wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head in his shoulder. I closed my eyes and let a few tears slip out. He rubbed my back and kissed my head. We just stood there for a couple of seconds not saying a word, just hugging. Finally I found the strength to pull away. I held his hand with one hand and wiped tears away with the other.

"These three months will fly by before you know it." He stated, trying to comfort me.

"I know, it's just I'm not good at goodbyes." I confessed to him, moving my hair out of my face.

"This isn't goodbye babe, it's more like see you later."

I gave him a small smile "See you later then."

He cupped my cheek "See you later." He leaned in and gave me a passionate goodbye kiss.

I pulled away after I heard his flight being called again. I quickly hugged him one last time "I love you Derek."

"I love you too darling." He said , then pulled away. He gave Julianne one last hug before heading onto the plan.

I stood next to Julianne and waved goodbye. She put her arm around me and pulled me into a hug.

"It's only for three months." She reminded me.

I looked at her and nodded. Three months, it was only three months.

Review? :) Sorry if this was short.