That Will Never Change

Bethany's P.O.V

"Derek, are you ready?" I yelled from the kitchen.

We had told Derek's parents about the baby yesterday and now we are telling my parents today.

Derek limped into the kitchen with his crutches and sat down at the table.

"Let me take your crutches for you there cripple." I laughed and placed them by the couch.

"Haha, very funny." Derek said sarcastically.

I giggled and kissed him on the cheek "Are you nervous?"

He nodded "VERY! You?"

"Extremely, I think I'm more nervous to tell my parents than I was to tell your parents." I confessed to him.

"I'm the one who should be absolutely terrified!" Derek stated, looking a little scared "What happens if they don't except this?"

I sighed and sat on his lap, as he wrapped his arms around me. I rested my head on his shoulder "If they don't except this, then they won't be apart of this baby life or my life for that matter!"

"Babe, I don't want you to throw that away."

"Well I'm hoping I don't have to, my parents can be very understanding. Really they can't judge either, Britney had a Marin at a young age too." I explained to him.

"Britney's married though." Derek reminded me.

I gave him a look "Really."

He chuckled at my reaction "I didn't mean it like that."

"Uh huh, let's just say I'm going to let that slide because I know you're nervous!"

Suddenly the doorbell rang and Derek got startled and jumped a little.

It as my turn to laugh "It's now or never babe."

He nodded as I got off his lap and made my way over to the door. I took a deep breath before opening it "Mom, dad hey!"

"Hey baby girl!" He greeted me by giving me a hug.

I smiled and pulled away and gave my mom a hug, as my dad made his way over to Derek.

Derek stood up and shook my dad's hand "Hello Mr. Mota."

"Derek, how are you doing?" He asked him as he shook his head.

"I'm still moving."

"How's those feet of yours?" My dad asked as they both took a seat on the couch.

"Getting better, out for the rest of the season though." Derek explained.

My dad patted him on the shoulder "Oh, you will be back up and dancing, before you know it!"

I smiled at the two of them as I followed my mom into the kitchen.

"Smells good Hun, what are you making?" She asked as she took the lid off the pan.

"Shrimp stir fry with rice." I explained as I took some tea out of the fridge.

"I thought you said you wanted to go out?" My mother questioned as she sat down at the table.

I shrugged "Didn't feel like it, i thought a home cook meal would be better."

Which was kinda true. The truth was I had been throwing up all morning and I didn't want to go a restaurant, if i continued to be sick throughout the day.

"Why don't we eat outside, it's such a gorgeous day. I would hate to see it go to waste." She suggested.

I smiled "That's a great idea mom."