This Opportunity Only Comes Once In A Lifetime

Derek's P.O.V

I just got off the phone with my agent and I was beyond excited. I was going to be starring in the new broadway musical Spectacular. Though i won't be able to do Dancing With the Stars, this is just an opportunity that I just can't pass up. I've always wanted to do more than just DWTS, when I was offered the part of Noah West in Nashville I went for it because it was something i wasn't used to. I chose to do broadway, because it absolutely terrified me, ha I sound like Bethany when I say that.

I called Bethany and asked her to meet me at my house. I was nervous, i didn't know exactly what I was going to say. I also didn't know how she was going to react to the news.

| Line Line Line |

"Derek." Bethany called out, walking through the front door.

I was standing by the counter talking to Mark, when I heard her.

I walked over and smiled "Hey cutie."

She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck "Hey."

I leaned down and kissed her softy on the lips.

She smiled and pulled away a few seconds later "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Come here." I order as I grabbed her hands, pulling her into the kitchen with me.

"Hey Mark." She smiled at him as we entered.

"Sup B." Mark replied, taking a seat as if this were a show.

"What's going on?" She questioned, looking at me confused.

"I have some news." I told her.

"What?"

I took a breath before continuing on "I'm not doing DWTS next season."

"Why not?" She asked.

"Well, I got the lead role in the broadway production Spectacular!" I stated, i then paused waiting for her reaction.

"Derek! That's amazing!" She exclaimed, giving me a hug "Congratulations!"

"Thanks babe." I replied, giving her a kiss on the head.

She then pulled away, looking confused "Broadway, isn't that in New York?"

"Yes, but I'm only going to be there for like 3-4 months tops." I quickly added.

Bethany blinked a few times. She then looked over at Mark then back at me "4 months."

"I'll leave you two alone." Mark said, as he excused himself from the room.

"Beth, 4 months isn't that long." I stated, trying to make it sound like it wasn't to bad.

"4 months." She whispered "That's how long the DWTS show last!"

"Yes, so just think about it that way. Its the same amount if time, DWTS would take."

Bethany crossed her arms "Yeah except your all the way across the country."

"I know but babe-" I started but got interrupted.

"I need some time to think." She said lastly, before exiting the house.

I leaned on the counter, put my head down and sighed. Well that went great.

| Line Line Line |

Bethany's P.O.V

"Four months, four months!" I yelled at Witney as I paced back and fourth in my living room.

"Four months isn't that long." Witney said, trying to calm me down.