It's A.....

Derek's P.O.V

Telling Bethany's parents didn't exactly go as plan. Her dad was fine with it, but her mother had the opposite reaction. I know it hurts Bethany knowing her mother doesn't support this. I'm trying to cheer her up as much as I can. It's going to take time, but I assured her everything will work out in the end.

I'm hoping today might make her feel better, we're going to find out the gender of the baby. She's not really excited but I'm hoping that will change as the day goes on.

"Beth, are you ready?" I asked as I walked into her room, buttoning up my shirt.

She was in front of the mirror, finishing up her make up "Almost."

I walked up behind her and kissed the top of her head "This will be fun fun, just don't even think about your mom."

"I just really thought she would understand!" Bethany commented as she put her hair up in a bun.

"I know, but once she see's that newborn baby she will come around. I promise!" I tired to make her feel better.

She nodded and gave me a faint smile "I hope you're right."

I grabbed her hands and turned her around to look at me "I am right and we are going to be late."

She smiled, leaned up and gave me a peck on the lips "Let's go!"

| At the doctors |

"So this is the first time you're actually hearing the heart beat?" I asked as we waited for the doctor.

She nodded "Yep, I didn't want to listen to it without you."

I smiled and held her hand "What are you hoping for?"

"I kinda wanna a boy first." She told me honestly.

I gave her a weird look "You, miss girly girl, would want a boy first."

Bethany shrugged "Well I never had any brothers growing up and then Brittany has a girl. I just wanna know what it's like to have a boy first. What about you?"

"I don't know, my head says boy, but my heart says girl." I told her "But if we're actually talking about real genetics, most likely it would be a girl."

"There's a 90% that it could be a girl." She corrected me.

I chuckled "Still a girl."

"We'll see about that." Bethany didn't seemed so sure.

"Do you wanna have a little fun with this?" I asked, getting excited.

Bethany looked at me "What do you mean?"

"Let's make this into a bet, if it a girl I win and if it's a boy you win."

She raised an eyebrow "I'm intrigued, what's the prize?"

"Whoever wins gets to pick the first name and the loser gets to pick the middle name." I explained.

She smiled and held her hand out "It's a bet."

I shook her hand but then pulled myself up to give her a soft kiss on the lips.

We heard a knock on the door and told the doctor to come in.

"Hi Ms. Mota I'm Dr. Mitchell, now let's see what we got here. Please sit back and lift your shirt up." The doctor order.

Bethany nodded and did what she was told to do.

Dr. Mitchell pulled out the ultrasound machine and pulled it towards Bethany. He took out some gel and put it on Bethany's stomach "This is going to be a little cold."

He took the probe and started to move it around "There's a arm and
head." He pointed to the monitor.

Then right on cue, we could hear that strong little heart beat. I looked over at Bethany, who had her hand over her mouth and started to cry. I leaned up and kissed her on the forehead.

"Congratulations, you have a beautiful healthy baby so far." He smiled and continued to move the probe.

"That's amazing!" I exclaimed, my smile kept getting bigger and bigger.

"Would you like to know the sex?" Dr. Mitchell asked.

I looked over at Bethany and she answered for the both of us "Absolutely."

Dr. Mitchell nodded "It's a....."

| I know I haven't updated in over a month for this story and I'm so sorry about that. I just didn't have any motivation for this story, but that has changed now. So look out for more chapters. I hoped you enjoyed and don't forget to leave a comment telling me what you thought :) | Sorry for any mistakes! |