You Could Of Had Me

Derek's P.O.V

Bethany and I just got settle into our hotel in New York. For the next two days she is going to be doing panels all days for YouTube. Even though I didn't want to interfere with her work, I was looking forward to going. One because I get to see her do what she loves, second to make sure Connor doesn't freaking land a hand on her.

She walked over to the bed, putting on her coat "Let's go do some shopping & have some lunch before I have to go?"

"Shopping, really?" I asked, with a whining tone in my voice.

She sat on my lap, put her arms around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder "Please babe, I don't wanna be my myself."

I sighed and looked over at the face she was making, which made me smile "You know I can't say no to that face."

"I know." She smiled and gave me a quick peck on the lips "Lets go."

| Line Line Line |

We had just finish going into the fifth store buying outfits for her appearance and for our trip. After me complaining for 15 minutes, she gave in and we headed to get something to eat. We ended up going to a small restaurants a few blocks away from the mall.

"Are you excited for our trip?" I asked, taking a sip from my drink.

She smiled "Absolutely, I need a vacation."

"Good, what are you doing for Christmas year?"

"Well on Christmas Eve we go to my grandparents and have dinner, then Christmas Day we spend it at home. Nothing too special." She explained as she intwined her fingers with mine. "What about you?"

"Well I -" I started before I was interrupted.

"Bethany?" A voice from behind us said.

We both looked over and saw two guys, who looked like they were about Bethany's age.

"Troye, Connor what are you doing here?" She questioned looking surprised.

I quickly looked at her and mouth "Connor?"

She nodded at me and got up and hugged Troye, when she went to hug Connor I saw her cringe a little. I stood up, stood right beside her and put my arm around her waist.

"This is my boyfriend Derek, Derek this is Troye and Connor." She introduced us.

Troye put his hand out and I gladly shook it, but when Connor put his hand out I ignored it.

"Dude, I read your book Taking The Lead, really inspired me." Troye told me, giving me a warm smile.

"Thanks man."

He smiled and started to talk to Bethany. I tried to pay attention
to them, but I could see out of the corner of my eye that Connor was glaring at me.

Bethany's P.O.V

As I was talking to Troye about the YouTube event, I saw Connor glaring at Derek. I know Derek was probably getting uncomfortable with this whole situation. So I decided to end it when I could.

"It was great talking to you guys, but I need to get something to eat." I told the two of them giving them a smile.

"We understand, we'll see you later."

"Bye." I waved good bye and turned to Derek. "I'm sorry about that, I didn't know he was going to be here."

"Is it wrong of me to say that I don't want you to be around Connor." He asked.