18. Chapter Breaking Bad

Your POV

Nonviolently, I was taken out of the studio by Mike. The show must go on, and I was just messing everything up. I felt so ashamed and humiliated, I couldn't even cry. Probably because I still couldn't understand what just happened. How could he even believe something like that? He should know me better. How can he react like this, he should had have my back but no, he better watch while I get taken out of the studio, as the troublemaker who I am; that crazy ex-girlfriend who destroyed his career.

"I'm without a car." I muttered as I stood next to Mike.

"I know. I'll take you home." He looked at me sympathetically, he was moved with pity, I hate it when people feel sorry for me. With arms crossed and a stubborn look I sat in Justin's car. Mike started the car and lead quickly down from the parking lot, the photographers surrounded the us but Mike was a professional so we made it safely done to the road. "Don't worry, (YN), everything's gonna be alright."

"C'mon, Mike don't give me that shit. You know it never works like that." I hissed, turning away, staring out of the passenger window. The ride was silent form there on, until the moment where I started to wonder how he actually knows where I live. I wondered if Justin was ever here with Mike, or was picked up by him but no. This never happened.

"Mike, how do you know where I live?" I asked him, tuning back so I could face him. Mike was good at his job but bad at lying to me. His eyes always betrayed him. He stared at the road but I could see how he gets all stiff.

"Justin had given me the address for all cases."

"Don't bullshit me, Mike. I'll give you a second chance. How do you know where I live?" My voice was decisive and strong. Mike glanced over at me, begging that I give in, but no not this time. It took him a minute but he talked.

"I have every now and then been taking care of you in the last few weeks after you once had this terrible collision with the Paps, you remember, Justin was worried, so I was looking after you."

"You have spies on me."

"No, I've taken care of you, we did." He disagreed, he sounded almost offended.

"Did you have to report back to Justin?" I asked, getting angry. He only nodded. "This means you have spied on me." How could he? Mike tried to convince me; that Justin was just looking out for me, because he cares but fuck it. What does it even matter now? Justin will never speak a word to me again after what happened today and I'm okay with it, I guess. It makes no sense anyway, it's too much broke between the both of us.

Mike stopped the car in front of the apartment-complex I live in.

"(YN), perhaps I can talk to Justin, about of what happened with Dean I mean. I know what really happened, I have seen it all. I've seen how he has hit on you on the terrace back then, I saw as he kissed you. I've noticed everything." Mike's words were calm as he turned to me. He cared a lot about me, I knew that.

"What? Are you serious?" I tried to understand what Mike is telling me right now.

"It's my job (YN)." Mike said. "I see everything, but keep my mouth shut as long as I'm asked not to do it." The only question was: why just now? Why didn't he help me back then? But then again, I know I didn't want him to. I thought I could handle it all by myself. Now it was too late. We lost it.

"Thanks, Mike...but I don't think that this matters anymore. If he doesn't believe me, then I don't care. Then he should think that it was just as Dean says." I murmured softly but I knew that Mike has heard me. I have no more strength.

"Sorry I know that it isn't in my position actually to say, but I know that you care and he does too. Since he is back in touch with you he is another man, he is back to himself. Honestly, I can't allow him to hang out with that Dean again. I'll talk to him whether you like it or not." Mike was serious, and I knew I couldn't say much to change his mind.