4. Chapter Bye for now

Justins POV          

The atmosphere between Ryan and I've never been so tense. We were in the car next to each other in silence. He scrolled through his phone and I stared out the window, while my driver took us to a restaurant. I was grateful that he agreed to meet with me anyways. About what I can talk to him? I need to break the ice.

“How was your holiday with Miriam?” I asked, looking over at him. His gaze broke away from his phone as he looked at me.

“All right.” He said shortly. Great, that will be fun…fuck.

“Where have you been?” I asked.

“Hawaii.” Why did I know that he will not say more than one word? I rolled my eyes and looked out the window again. Now I don’t understand why he has agreed to meet me, he didn’t even want to give me a chance.

“Justin, why you wanted to see me? Dean wasn’t available, or what?” He asked me suddenly and took me by surprise with that.

“Please don’t do this to me. You know me better than that, man.”

“I don’t know whether we actually really still know each other that well, to be honest.” He said, disappointed. “Justin, I don’t recognize you anymore. I know that I shouldn’t believe anything the media says about you, but many of the videos and pictures were just obvious. And I know you do drugs. I’m not okay with that. And I’m not okay with the way you treated us, your friends.”

“I know I was in the last few months...well...no idea. I screwed up. There is no excuse for it. I know that. But I need a second chance.” I said and turned to him. “Now I'm back, bro.”

“How come?” He asked, his face was relaxed again. I guess he saw how seriously I mean it.

“(YN).” I answered and couldn’t but grin at the thought of her. The wrinkles on his forehead deepened. “I called her last night, not for the first time actually, but this time she has spoken with me. She has spoken like really.” There is hardly a person in the world who knew me better than Ryan, and he could see immediately how happy I was.

“Wanna try it again with her?” He asked hesitantly. He has witnessed the drama of the recent weeks between me and (YN). But I fear that he cares not about me but about her and her feeling but I can’t blame him for that. I was a complied asshole in the last few month. When I had seen (YN) on the birthday party of him, I realized for the first time that I had really made a mistake.

Since then, my condition was worse. I have more celebrated, and drank, well and all the other stuff to distract me. But I didn’t know why. I also didn’t know why I had broken up with her in the first place. I really understood it when I had a fight with Dean. He was a jerk, and I've noticed that he would drop me immediately when I no longer do what he wants. That is why I then flown back to LA and come to Ryan's birthday, I actually didn’t wanted to but he fight made me fly back home. Dean and I had a big fight in Atlanta, because of some shit, I don’t remember exactly what it was. The problem I have in months, I remember rarely of what really happened in the last few months, probably it’s because I was rarely sober. It is actually a miracle that I still haven’t taken any pills today. Whatsoever, Dean fucked up back then but he also somehow managed to pull me back in as he came back. So we were still in touch, after that fight.

“After I had seen her on your birthday again, I couldn’t stop thinking about her.” I told Ryan.

“That was months ago.” He said wondering, why it took me so long.

“Exactly! But I didn’t wanna admit it.” I said, and licked my lips as I grabbed through my hair. “But now. It just clicked.”

“Bro, I love you. You know that but don’t hurt her.” He said and confirmed to me by saying that he was worried about her.