20. Chapter Bad Day

Your POV

The Event Leo told me just a few days ago was right around the corner, I mean it is tonight, but the worst about it is it’s at the same time where Ryan and Miriam having a party at their house and I wanted to go there, since Leo didn’t really tell me what this event is about. That means I was in a bad mood all day long in the office, hating standing in the blue, like I couldn’t even prepare shit, since I had no clue. Pedro was treating me with kid glows knowing I was pissed and do lash out because of nothing the whole day. I just freaked out because the new girl was even too stupid to get some copies done, and actually I’m the one who is always nice to her. I almost felt bad about it…almost.

“Leo told me to let you know, that he is waiting downstairs for you.” Pedro said with a little smile, knocking at my open door. I gave him a dirty look, getting him to pull a face.

“Why?” I hissed. “I told him I gonna take my own car, I need to be at a party afterwards.” Pedro looked at me with a smug smirk, knowing I was tensed. “What’s so funny?” I asked him bitchy, knowing he was laughing about me. I rolled my eyes at him and went over to the couch to get my purse. I run passed him to the elevator, wondering why he is following me, since he as much as I know could call it a day, not being forced to go to the event. But I didn’t asked question, instead I took my phone out to call Justin.

“Hi, girl…what’s up?” He cheered into the phone. I could hear music in the background, and just that relaxed me a bit, he voice and the music.

“You know, I told you I have that job-thing today before the party at Ryan’s.” I started, he just gave me an ‘hmm’ letting me know he is listing. “I promised I would bring some snacks and drinks and I have no idea…”

“Got it, babe. Don’t worry about that, Mike already has brought everything.” He chuckled into the phone. Relieve! Since the roast we have been back in touch actually every day, but it was more like a friendship, sure kissing and hugging but not more. I couldn’t bring myself to do it, this whole trust-thing need to be rebuild first.

“Really? You guys are amazing. I love him. Thank God.” I sighed into the phone.

“You do what?” Justin asked loudly, with an acted seriousness. I stared laughing, while I tried to ignore Pedro’s intensive staring at me. “So not funny.” He protested pouting. I just knew the way Justin was looking right now and it was adorable, but I know he really didn’t like me saying this three words, if it’s not him whom I mean.

“Don’t do that to me, Handsome.” I joked also pouting. He started laughing and with that making my day a bit more bearable. He is the only one who is able to cheer me up with such nonsense.

“You know, I do have that photoshoot with Kandell today, like in an hour…maybe I should tell her that I love her.” He said with that kind of challenge voice.

“Go ahead…” I said in a low voice, trying hard to sound unimpressed and pulled a brow up even though he couldn’t see it.

“Maybe I will.”

“Good. Have fun.” We both couldn’t hold back any longer and burst out laughing. In the corner of my eye I could see how Pedro rolled his eyes and turned away. “I gotta go, but I’ll text you as soon as I’m on my way.” I told him after we calmed down again.

“Okay, can’t wait to see you.” He whispered into the phone make my heart skip a beat.

“Same here.” I assured him and ended the call, right as the doors opened. Leo was standing there waiting for me.

“Finally.” He cheered putting his arm around my shoulder and smiling down on me. “Ready?” He asked me, sensing that I was in a bad mood. I just nodded as he escorted me down to the garage, still followed by Pedro. Leo tried to pull me over to his car but I stopped.