Marcus Rashford

- coup de foudre.

Coup de foudre: A sudden unforeseen event, in particular an instance of love at first sight. Literally 'stroke of lightening'.

It was amazing. It all felt amazing from the moment you saw him, the moment lightening struck inside you. His beautiful eyes, soft lips and his extremely soft hair. It felt right, and suddenly you started believing that maybe love at first sight was real. He was intriguing, making you feel like you wanted to get to know him, everything about him. Your heart started beating extremely fast as he approached you, giving you that million pound smile as he held out his hand and introduced himself to you, your best friend looking at your from across the room, smirking to herself, knowing the two of you would instantly hit it off. Since that night the pair of you were inseparable, and it seemed like you weren't the only one who started believing in love at first sight, he had too. He said it was unexplainable, his feelings for you. They came at his so hard and so fast, an overwhelming feeling of intense infatuation right after you met, and that feeling never went away. Ever since he laid eyes on you his body had that energy he couldn't get rid of, energy caused by lightening that made him feel like he was floating, filled with happiness and joy, all because you came into his life.

It was beautiful. Everyday together was perfect, from the lazy days to the adventurous dates, the tears of joy, along with the tears of sadness, the fights, the makeups, the silence and the laughter, night and day. It was like the world was pink, your eyes blinded by the love you was feeling, the only thing you could see was him, and he could only see you. You believe you were made doe one another, you talked about your future together, discussing your dream house and even as far as baby names for your mini versions of you two. You had it all planned out, your life together was to last forever.

But as fast as lightening strikes, it's quickly gone. It was like all the good effects of the strokes of lightening were wearing off, your days not as beautiful and perfect anymore; only tears off sadness, fights, silence and a never ending darkness of the night. The future seemed unrealistic, the pink world you were living in slowly turning to grey, to exhausted to keep fighting for one another, so you left. That's when it hit you the aftermath.

Your body started to burn from all the pain you were feeling, like lightening leaving its scar, a fern leaf on your heart. It progressed within time, first the feeling of emptiness, then the realisation, the never ending tears, the screaming and throwing things, the frustration. Your voice was hoarse, your eyes red and burning, your room was a mess, just like you, and your heart was bust. The chaos of the thunderstorm outside seemed to be a perfect metaphor for the chaos in your mind, as well as his. He was on the other-side of the city, same thunderstorm above his roof, same lightening flashes around him. He was convinced the lightning would hurt less than the aftermath of the coup de foundre he found himself in, missing the girl who he thought to the girl of his dreams, but he also knew it was best not to go back, to not give in to the emptiness and the want of affection. He needed to heal, in his own time, but he knew he would, that eventually the fern leaves on his heart would fade, like lighting scars disappearing over time. He hoped, just like you hoped the same for him, that you were doing well, that you would be okay and learn to move on, maybe not forget him, please not forget him, but that you would find love again, the same intense feeling of happiness, maybe even the same heartbreak, but he hoped, he really hoped, that you would be better than ever after this.

And though the ride was a beautiful one, and though it may have been love at first sight, it wasn't meant to last.