Dominic Calvert-Lewin

- swipe right.

If only you didn't fall for the temptation of getting a boyfriend off the internet like your friend had done, you wouldn't be there right now. If only you hadn't downloaded that doomed app, started talking to this person you matched with, and said yes to meeting up a week later, you wouldn't be here.

But there you where, in a busy café in Central London, all alone, because your tinder date hadn't shown up.

An hour had passed since you was meant to meet; your coffee now cold, as the time went past you felt like it was just getting colder. No, it wasn't cold where you was the heater worked perfectly fine, you just envied people around you, sharing joyous laughs, keeping the conversations going as they held one another's arms, leaning their heads together because the stories they was sharing warmed their hearts.

You wouldn't told your tinder date a funny story from high school, you knew he'd have loved it. You two would be laughing together right now if he'd have shown up.

It was well past the one hour mark now, passing your limit on waiting for people, you decided to send him another text. Undelivered it said, you could feel your heart starting to sink, five minutes later you tried to call. His number going straight to voicemail, it was no longer active.

You let out a huge curse, feeling like a complete idiot. You could've been at home, in your room, cuddled up in bed watching your favourite film, rather than sat in this small café feeling embarrassed. People had probably noticed you sitting alone for the past hour, looking miserable on a Saturday evening because your date didn't show up.

You was debating wether to go home or stay and order a bite to eat, you couldn't ignore your grumbling stomach anymore, but the thought of going home and crying out this unnecessary heartbreak was far more appealing.

But a polite 'excuse me' interrupted your train of thoughts, you immediately looked up to see where the voice came from.

"Hi there, urm s-sorry. I hope i'm not creeping you out, but you look like you could use some company"

Beautiful curly hair, bright eyes, pretty lips, thick eyebrows, gorgeous eyelashes. A very sweet smile spread across his face, making him look extremely harmless in every way possible.

Okay. If this was a guy on tinder you'd definitely swipe right.

You'd unintentionally let a few seconds pass as you tried to register his words, not realising you was staring at him rather judgingly for a little too long.

"Unless your still waiting for someone" he blurted out so fast. "I'm sorry. You clearly don't want to be bothered, I'll just-"

"No, no. It's okay. I'm not waiting for anyone, this seat is not taken" you said glancing at the empty chair in-front of you, signalling he was more than welcome to sit down.

The smile on his face got a bit wider, before he took the seat in front of you. His hair bouncing as he moved.

"I don't usually do this, approaching strangers" he scratched his temple as his nerves started to show.

"Yeah, but, um- you look very pretty in this purple blouse. I don't even like purple, it's my least favourite colour, but it looks so good on you. And your hair is beautiful in that bun."

Maybe that's his way of saying 'you're pretty', so you'll take it.

"Anyway, what i meant to say is, I don't think i'd miss the chance to talk to someone who can pull of the colour purple."

You felt your cheeks getting warmer, and you knew he'd noticed because your cheeks would get ever so red every time you got shy. It was proven by the way he slightly pursed his lips, eyes squinted as he tried not to chuckle.

"I'm Dominic by the way" he extended his hand and you took it. Your heart skipped a beat when you felt your hands touch while you told him your name. "Can I buy you a drink? Or anything else you'd like."

"I've got to be honest, I haven't ate and I'm starving."

"Wow it was so rude of that person who left you waiting so long- I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that" he corrected himself quickly, seeing the swift change of the look on your face as it went from shy to embarrassment.

"It's okay, its the truth" you shrugged, trying to compose yourself. "Just embarrassing, I noticed some people staring at me, they must have felt so sorry for me sitting here alone."

"Well not anymore." His infectious smile making an appearance again, brining yours back.

Dom was lovely, giving you recommendations from the menu, telling you he had been coming here for years and it was one of his favourite places in London. The conversations between you two went rather smoothly; he started by randomly asking you about your favourite holidays destinations, and then went on to discuss your favourite and most seen films.

Maybe it was silly of you getting stood up from a stranger from the internet that you had trusted too quickly, but trusted another complete stranger to burst your social bubble right away. But the vibe Dom was giving off was different.  From his first hello, you knew that he defiantly was not one of those flirty and arrogant men who was just going to leave you after he got what he wanted. You had your fair share of experiences with them kind of men.

As the night fell darker, you got more comfortable with one another. You were still deep in conversation until closing time was near. The little voices in your heads were wishing that you could be together for longer, and you both knew that the choices were in your hands.

So when Dom asked you "let's go somewhere else, what do you say? I know a nice place a few minutes away from here" you didn't have to think twice before saying yes.

*a/n- so i'm currently in the middle of a mason mount short story (7 parts) is this something you guys would like me to post? please let me know.