John Stones

- confession.

Ever since John's been living in Manchester you've been together a lot. You helped him settle in and showed him around the city, taking him to all your favourite places and must-see's of the city. He appreciated your help a lot and thanked you with a Manchester City season ticket which of course you was extremely happy with. You'd support him at every match at the Etihad, his name on your back as you were rocking the light blue kit. A close friendship was born, you shared everything together, John's guest room practically becoming your room as you spent so much time at his place.

He wanted you to know all about his home town, so he planned a trip where he could show you around his city and introduce you to his family.

"So what do you say?" John asked with a smile on his face, when he showed you the trains booking confirmation in his home town, you threw your arms around his neck and hugged him tightly thanking him over and over again. "I'm so excited" you beamed, your eyes sparkling and your smile mirroring John's.

Soon as it was time to set off, you arrived at Johns mothers house, she smiled brightly when she seen her son, arms wide for a hug, eyes glistening with tears of happiness.

"Hi nice to meet you, i'm Y/N" you said as she turned to you, your hand out ready for her too shake. She smiled at you and pulled you in for a hug "Call me Janet dear, John has told me a lot about you, but he never told me you was this beautiful" you giggled and thanked her, already liking this women a lot.

His mother told you stories about John as a kid, you spent the whole afternoon laughing. John showed you around his home town, took you to his favourite places and his favourite childhood places, you really enjoyed seeing this side to John.

You had a lovely homemade dinner with John's mum that evening, you helped prepare while John stood back and watched the both of you thinking about how well the both of you got along and how it would be if you was her daughter in-law. He smiled at the two of you joking, your laughs filling the kitchen causing John to feel nothing but happiness.

You decided to go to sleep early that night, your bed was already made up in the guest room, John and his mother still downstairs chatting away. Janet had noticed the way you both looked at one another, love in your eyes and huge smiles on your faces, she knew you was bound to happen someday and hoped her son wouldn't take to long to confess his love to you.

"You love her don't you?" John looked up in shock when his mother suddenly dropped the question, panicking as he thought his feelings for you were too obvious. "Tell her, tell her and you'll see everything will be okay" she reassured him. John thought about it for the rest of the night, preparing himself, preparing a speech in his head on how he would confess his feelings to you.

The next day you was out in town together, you had dinner at a cute restaurant and afterwords sat down near a little river enjoying the lights whilst the moon reflected of the water. You sat in silence for a while, appreciating the beautiful surroundings. You noticed John staring at you, making your cheeks turn pink, suddenly overthinking the way you looked, thinking there was something on your face or something in your hair.

"Y/N?" You turned your head to look at John, humming to let him you'd heard him. "I want to tell you something" he whispered brushing his hand over your cheek. You closed your eyes for a second as you leaned into his touch before looking directly at him again. "What is it?" you asked, both curiosity and concern filling your mind. You say John take a deep breath, going over the words he prepared in his head to make sure he wouldn't say anything stupid.

"I brought here to show you around my hometown, and for you to meet my family but there's a reason behind it all.. You've been nothing but good to me since we first met, you're my best friend but i'v-i've started feeling different about you, whenever i see you i start shaking, like a nervous boy who just got his first crush, and all that only intensified over time an-and now i know for sure that i'm in love with you. I love you Y/N, i would love nothing more than for you too be mine."

You scanned Johns face to see if he was being serious, but the genuine look of adoration in his eyes told you he was. Your lips curled into a smile before you spoke "i would love to be yours" John wrapped his arms around you and sighed, feeling content to finally be able to call you his, this trip had been a huge success and he was happier than ever when he held your cheeks and placed his lips on yours, a feeling so new but he hoped he would never have to go without anymore.