Mason Mount

- finally.
*last part..

It was like he was a changed man. He treated you like a queen, you didn't know what had clicked in his mind, but you were loving it. You still hadn't told him you loved him, maybe you never will. Maybe all you'll ever be is friends with benefits, despite the weekly gifts of flowers and continuous compliments you knew he didn't love you, it was obvious, he would have told you by now because you knew Mason he could never keep his mouth shut.

You still thought of Trent, you messaged him every now and then, but the feeling in your stomach when his name popped up on your phone was nothing compared to the butterflies Mason's gave you. The simple wink he'd give you would be stuck in your mind all day, the cheers leaving your mouth when you were watching him play. You'd fallen deeper and deeper in love with him everyday, waking up to him was your favourite part of the day and falling asleep in his arms was the best feeling in the world.

"What do you want to watch?" he asked as you was both lay on his sofa together, your leg over his waist as his arm held your thigh. "Ooo what about that?" You chirped as he flicked through Netflix onto '50 first dates'. You cuddled closer into him as he put it on, your heartbeat matching his as he watched very little of the film, instead he couldn't seem to rip his eyes from him..

Thinking to himself how lucky he was to have someone like you, someone who's stuck by him through so much shit. Technically he didn't 'have' you yet, you weren't his. Rule number 2 was still in place. It made him sick to think of even looking at another girl, because none of them compared to you. Their smiles weren't as bright as yours, their eyes didn't twinkle like yours, their laugh wouldn't put a smile on his face. He wasn't in love with any other girl. Only you.

Head over heels in love.

M- I'm going to tell her tonight. He text the group chat as you continued watching the movie, eyes glued to the screen, completely unaware of Mason's plan.

B- Finally! Ben replied with celebration emojis, Werner and Havertz sending back similar replies, Mason couldn't help but blush from their replies.

They'd known all along you two were going to be more than friends with benefits- they could tell by the way Mason looked at you, how his ears pricked up every time someone mentioned your name, how he scrambled to grab his phone whenever he had a notification from you. It was true love. Tonight was the perfect time to tell you those three words, the film was a romantic which he loved watching around you.

It shortly came to an end as you sat with a smile on your face cooing at the movie, a scrunched up tissue next to you from crying. God how he wanted to kiss those tears away, and tell you he'd do the exact same as the main character did, make you fall in love with him everyday, no matter what it took. It was like a countdown had started in his head as you both sat in silence, the TV volume now low as the credits rolled on the screen. Now was the time, it felt right, you were right, the only one for him. Forever and always. Ok.. 3, 2, 1...

Nope. He couldn't do it. Ok, try again.

Pull yourself together Mason..

"I love you." You thought you'd broken your neck from the speed of turning to look at him, as he lay there next to you on the sofa, small nervous grin on his face. He said those three words. He said it first. Tears were the only reaction you could give him as his smile never left as he looked into your eyes, tears forming in his own.

"I love you" he repeated once more, just incase you hadn't heard, but you'd been listening out for those three words since the day you met him. You had to push the lump out of your throat and calm your heartbeat so you could reply. Finally. Three little words that had been playing on your mind for months. "I love you" you replied back, a huge sigh leaving your mouth afterwards, a nervous chuckle following. "That feels good" his smile had grown, a few more happy tears had left his eyes as you crawled closer to him, now sat on his lap as he held you tighter than ever before. You were both leaning in, lips touching in a passionate kiss, hands running through his hair as you smiled into the kiss.

"So are you my girlfriend now?" he asked with a smirk, alongside another kiss as you both smile at one another. "Definitely" you nod as his smile grows.

"Finally." He chuckled, a lingering kiss meeting your lips. He held you close, savouring the moment, you were finally his, he was finally yours. It felt so good, so natural like home.

Your love for each other was no longer hidden.