Trent Alexander-Arnold

- heart-breaker; part 2.

"Trent?"

***

"Um hi." his voice was low, as if he was ashamed of himself. He should be, what gave him the right to have your heart and then break it.

"What are you doing here?" your tone was a mix of confusion and coldness, part of you was happy to see him, the other part of you wanted more than to shut the door on him and leave him stood there in the cold, like he did to you.

"Ur-Urm can I come in?" he mumbled not being able to look at you. Every inch of your body wanted to push him away and not let him back into your life again, yet somehow you were opening the door wider, allowing him to walk inside your house as you led him to the living room, feeling slightly embarrassed by the empty tub of Ben & Jerrys sat on the coffee table and the pile of blankets and pillows you'd been snuggled up on. "So..." you promoted him to answer question.

"Listen, i know leaving with no exposition wasn't the best thing to do-", "you think" you scoffed, quickly interrupting him. "Y/N, i didn't want to hurt you" you were baffled by his words, how did he think it would plan out? "You did Trent, you hurt me a lot, who just leaves their girlfriend of two years with no explanation and expects them not to be hurt, you fucking idiot." Your words came across harsher than you intended them too, you didn't plan on getting angry this quickly. "Y/N please, just hear me out"
"Go ahead, let's see what great excuse you have this time" you could see him roll his eyes at your comment, but you was two wound up to scold him.

"I was scared ok, everyone kept telling me how we was coming close to three years it was time to start thinking about kids, and marriage.. it scared me" you stayed silent for a moment "what so this is your way of saying you don't want to marry me? or have kids with me?" You couldn't help but let out a sarcastic laugh, what an idiot.

"N-no no, god no. Of course I do.. it's just, I didn't think you wanted that, we've never spoken about it, every time someone brought up kids or marriage you'd shut them straight down, so I got scared, I thought the more people who kept brining it up was going to get you overwhelmed and leave, and I couldn't deal with that, so instead.. I left."

He was right, you hated talking about marriage and kids, because in reality it scared you too, but you couldn't understand how getting up and leaving would help?

"So because some people getting involved in our relationship, and it got tough you decided to leave?" You had begun your rant now, there was no stopping- "Trent you left with no explanation! We could have spoken about it, but you decided to disappear. Everyday I had to fight back the urge to text you, to call you, telling myself that if you really wanted this you'd have made an effort. You broke me, and now you want to come back when I'm slowly picking myself back up" by this point you was crying, a mixture of angry and sad tears.

"I know you hate me" he said, guilt written all over his face.

"I don't hate you, I hate what you did to me."

Silence. Neither of you knowing what to say to one another.

"Sometimes Trent, you love someone because they feel like home.. you were my home" more tears fell, why wouldn't they stop, surely there wasn't any left to fall after this past month.

"I know baby" you cringed at his pet name for you, normally you loved when he called you that, but now it felt like an arrow going straight through your heart. "I know I hurt you, I wish I could turn back time, I would've done this all differently, I wish I just spoke to you about it, instead of being stupid and leaving. In these past months I've realised just how reliant I am on you. I cant live without you. Your my home. I'm so sorry for everything." Tears pouring down his face, you knew he was sorry, you knew he didn't mean to hurt you, but you hated that he left, but you had never needed someone so much in your life, you couldn't image life without him.

"Your a dickhead" your eyes met, you'd never seen him so sad "-but your my dickhead, and I love you more than life itself. I want nothing more than to marry you, and start a family with you. But you need to realise what you did Trent tore me in half, and its going to take a lot off effort to get this relationship back to how it once was.."

That's it, he thought, your going to end it, of course you are what he did was unforgiveable.

"-but I'm willing to put in the effort" his head shot up faster than lightning, the deepest sigh of relief, you still wanted to be with him.

"I love you" he whispered, "I love you too, now come here" you opened your arms as he crawled into them, both of you crying like babies, neither of you saying a word, just enjoying each others touch after so long.

Then a kiss, both of you leaning in, this kiss was different, the passion was like nothing you'd shared before, love radiated from you both, and you realised just how much you needed one another.