The Gaffers Daughter

- Chapter Two: Experience.

The cold wind almost takes your breath away as you step outside, Ruben giggling at your chattering teeth as you moan about the weather, but then its like your heart goes warm as he takes of his large puffer coat with the initials RLC on the right hand side, and wraps it around your shoulders rubbing them slightly at an attempt to warm you up, only giving you time to say thank you before he's jogging off into the middle of the pitch to join the rest of the lads. You walk over to the other side of the white line where your dad was stood, hands in his pockets as he jiggles his legs slightly from the cold. "Hey love" he's cheering as he sees you, a smirk growing on his face as he watches you do the zip up on the jacket that defiantly isn't yours. "Oh made a new friend have we?" He laughs away at his own joke, as he reads Rubens initials on the jacket, rolling your eyes at his comment. "No. Wont be here long, don't want to get attached." You give him a bitter smile as he huffs at your reply, knowing this is defiantly not where you wanted to spend any of your time- but tough luck.

You can't help but notice some of the boys making continuous glances over at your direction, making you feel extremely awkward, like you should be doing something instead of just standing there with your dad. "Why am i here dad?" your tone now serious, no lace of sarcasm added to your question. "It's a good experience" he mutters as your eyebrows knit together, totally confused by his reasoning. "What experience am i getting out of standing in the cold, watching some strangers kick a ball around" your moaning as you throw your hands up in frustration, looking back at the boys running around, half of them in bright yellow bibs. "You'll see" he says lowly as you repeat his words in your mind, what will you see? what's he talking about?

You practically sprint inside once training is finished, the clicking of football boots heard in the distance behind you, finding no part of standing on a white line beneficial to the 'experience'. Dreams of a warm bath took over your mind as you marched up to your room, still wrapped up in Rubens coat as you unlocked the door and instantly stripped down teeth still chattering from the cold, turning the shower on the hottest setting and stepping in and instantly relaxing under the warm water, eyes closed as you let the steam fill your lungs enjoying the silence instead of the loud cheers.

The peace and relaxation didn't last long though- a loud bang on the door jolting you back into reality as you panicked, twisting the shower knob so the warm water disappeared, quickly wrapping yourself in the warm towel that was hung on the radiator, slipping your feet into the complimentary slippers and rushing towards the door, water still splattered all over your body.

You opened it to find Ruben standing there, his eyes widening and a small blush rising to his cheeks as he see's you stood there in just a towel, shoulders and collarbones still wet from the shower. Your body starts to burn with embarrassment as a harsh blush covers your whole face, not knowing what to do in this moment. "Oh- Uh-U sorry" he's stuttering as you both stand there awkwardly, you trying to hide behind the door, a tiny puddle forming on the floor from where you hadn't had time to dry yourself. "Uh- Urm- Do you have my coat?" He asks awkwardly fingers scratching the back of his head, your standing there trying to understand what he's on about, but then you remember "oh shit, yeah sorry" your rushing pulling the door open a little wider for him to walk in "come in, it's on the bed I'm sorry i forgot about that" your watching him walk into the room, his eyes not leaving the floor as he has to force himself not to look at you.

"Give me two minutes and i'll be more presentable" you chuckle, trying to break the awkwardness "it's cool" he says calmly, picking up his coat as you watch him sit down on the end of your bed. You find yourself looking at him for way too long for someone dressed in just a towel, and once again you make awkward eye contact as you rush into the bathroom, getting dressed into something much more presentable, running your fingers through your hair so you don't look like a hot mess, coming back out to find him sat in the same spot, patiently waiting for you, tired eyes as he looks up at you.

"I'm bored" his monotone voice says as you walk towards him. "Oh, am i not entertaining enough for you?" you speak jokingly as he sits upright, "no no no that's not what i meant.. I mean I'm bored should we do something?" You're smiling at his panicked face knowing he didn't mean it as an insult. "Netflix?" You ask simply, face scrunching up not knowing what else there is to do in this place, and luckily he's nodding with a smile, shuffling backwards so backs against your pillows as you get your laptop, getting comfy next to him, the only thing stopping you cuddling up against his chest was the pillow resting under your head. You feel him looking at you a few times, just like he had done during training as your eyes get heavy, the film being forgotten about as the two of you fall asleep next to each other- two strangers already cuddled up in bed together, how are you going to get yourself out of this one..