Mason Mount

- i can't lose you.

Things had been hard for you and Mason lately, you couldn't quite place your finger on what exactly had gone wrong but something down the line had.

You tried desperately to fix your relationship, asking him if he wanted to go out for dinner, trying to have movie nights with him, you had even organised a candle lit dinner in your dining room for him when he came back from training but he wasn't interested. He insisted that he was too tired and you didn't doubt him as he was always in bed for ten o'clock.

The first few times didn't bother you as much. He was training intensely most days of the week, playing against tough opposition at the weekend and you could see on his face he was exhausted.

But he continued to blow you off and his apparent 'fatigue' didn't stop him from going out with his friends, his best friend, Declan in particular. You had spoken to Declan about it and he reassured you was Mason was fine and that the rough patch you guys were having was exactly that. Just a rough patch.

But things never change.

As the months went on, you saw less and less of him, you would argue more and some nights, one of you would sleep on the sofa just so that you weren't close to each other.

You were beginning to grow tired. The start of your relationship had been nothing short of amazing. You spent so much time together, you made time for each other and showered each other in love like every day was valentines day.

You knew that Mason was out at training and that he wouldn't be home for a few hours yet that didn't stop you from waiting. You needed to have a talk with him and confront your issues head on. It wasn't something that you wanted to do but you knew that it was best for the both of you. You couldn't go on like this.

Hours went by, the TV being the only sound in the background and even then, you weren't all that interested in watching it. Your mind was elsewhere, thinking about what you were going to say to Mason.

Finally, the clicking sound of the key unlocking the front door could be heard, the squeaks that Mason had promised to oil but never had done, echoed throughout the hallway before he joined you in the living room.

"Hey, I'm just going to shower and then head to bed. I'm shattered". He gave you a small smile, one that should have been so familiar to you but in some ways, he felt like a stranger.

"Mase, I think we need to talk". Your tone was serious and the smile that was once present on his face had dropped as he moved to sit across from you.

He gulped audibly and furrowed his perfect eyebrows, racking his brain desperately to figure out what he had done wrong.

"I think we should break up". Those were the first words that floated out of your mouth and it almost felt like they had echoed throughout the living room.

The silence was uncomfortable, neither one of you knowing what to say or what to do with the information that you had abruptly blurted out.

It hurt Mason. He could feel his heart breaking, his palms sweating and the panic setting in. He loved you with everything inside of him and he was convinced you was his soul mate. He needed you to stay.

So he started to talk, desperately begging you to stay. He promised you that he would do better, be a better boyfriend and start all over again but you knew that it wouldn't be enough.

"I can't lose you". He sobbed as you packed the last of your things into a suitcase, ready to leave the house you called home, ready to leave the man that you called home.

"You already have".

And with that, you walked out the house, tears freely falling from your eyes as you did so.

It hurt, It hurt so much but you knew deep down that if you was truly meant for each other, you would find your way back to him.