Jack Grealish

- 23.

Your with your friends, too lost in conversation to notice him, they notice him. The whispers filling the room as everyone recognises the footballer, while you just remain with no care. You don't view athletes as some 'special trophy' to be awed at. They're just the same as everyone else, and because of that you didn't notice his eyes fixated on you.

He notices your lack of attention and musters up the courage to move in your direction, moving away from his friends and towards yours. He's hoping no one stops him as he makes his way to the girl who caught his eye, but of course someone did. One of your friends.

You finally turn around to look at who invaded your circle, recognizing him as Jack Grealish. The hometown hero. The charismatic man, you knew who he was from attending football matches with your dad. You know relatively nothing about him but he wishes to know everything about you.

Your friends are attempting to chat him with questions about what its like to be a footballer, but meanwhile his eyes are taking every inch of you in, his tongue swiping his bottom lip as his mind wanders over what to say to the beautiful women that has him entranced.

And now your eyes cant leave him either as he's finally caught your attention.

As soon as he got the opportunity to leave the conversation he takes it, pacing his steps towards you until your both face to face. You want to say something but what can you say? He's.. him, and your you. What can you possibly say to capture his attention like your looks caught his.

He takes your hand into his cautiously, in fear you'd reject him but you simply laugh it off and accept his warm touch that he uses to pull you closer. His warm breath tingles against your ear as he askes for your name in a voice so soft that you can barely gather what he's asking until you collect all the words.

You answer and he offers a humble introduction in return, his hand reaching the small of your back to urge you forward, his soft exterior now being replaced with a more forward one. He doesn't want to let this chance slip from his grasp, an opportunity your not yet aware off.

You spend the entire night blocking out the looks of others, laughing incessantly at the jokes you threw at one another. Everyone watching in awe at Jack who wont even escape your side for a moment to give anyone the gratification of a conversation and it continues like that until your finally nudges of one of your friends and told its time to leave.

You escape for a moment just to pacify them until your ready to say goodnight. Your friends question you and your decision with questions like 'are you sure he actually likes you?' 'are you sure he isn't just after a one night stand?' 'do you realize what's it like to be with someone of his status with the media, the attention and everything else?' They're valid questions but you disregard them. It was far to early to debate his intentions, you had only just met.

That was the first day you met Jack Grealish.

That was the start to your relationship.

You didn't care what the people on the outside would say. He was your soulmate. He is your soulmate.